Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I drop Business?

• 07-01-2011 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

I'm repeating the LC and doing 8 subjects this year, all higher. I've to do Business and Home Ec. outside school because of large class sizes and stuff. Finding Home Ec easy as the teacher at school helps loads, and hoping to get an A1 this year, got an A2 last year. I've had to pick up Chemistry this year for subject requirements, but I'm not finding it as hard as I anticipated,I've a good teacher too, so hoping for a B1 maybe, if I'm lucky! But Business isn't going so good. The teacher in school won't help me out because I didn't do alot in her classes last year:mad:, I only took up the subject at the beginning of last year too(was told it was easy marks yet I find Chemistry marginally easier, or at least more interesting), so I got a B3. Would it be possible to get an A1 this year doing it on my own? Or would I be better to drop it and concentrate on bringing my other subjects up? Because it does take up a good it of time. If I dropped it and spent the time on Chem could I get an A1? And could I bring a C3 in Maths up to a B3?
    I'm looking for 550+ points so I need some A's:(

muchas gracias:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

At the end of the day only6 of your subjects are going to count. You will have to decide what subjects you have to keep to reach specific requirements. If you feel you can achieve the best results you can by taking business make sure you continue it. 8 subjects is a lot, I'm doing 8 and LCVP. However I'm only doing 6 higher. So at the end of the day, choose your best subjects and work on them. If you feel you can cope with 8 subjects continue on. Judging by your result last year you could achieve a B2+ best of luck!! :D..

Advertisement