Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stuff to do in dublin on a saturday morning

Options
  • 07-01-2011 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

Im meeting a foreign friend (but resident here for a year so presumably seen all the kitsch touristy stuff) of mine in town tomorrow (saturday 8th) for a coffee and then some sort of light entertainment after. Whats a pleasant way to spend a few hours in the morning and early afternoon in Dublin town? Anything decent going on?

Cheers dubliners!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭mvt

Maybe if the weather is still a bit iffy the lighthouse cinema in Smithfield would be a good bet. Interesting location,nice spot for lunch and a good film to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

How about strolling down to the Point Market? You could even go ice skating if you like that sort of thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

mvt wrote: »
    Maybe if the weather is still a bit iffy the lighthouse cinema in Smithfield would be a good bet. Interesting location,nice spot for lunch and a good film to finish.

This gets my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

Twenty10 wrote: »
    How about strolling down to the Point Market? You could even go ice skating if you like that sort of thing?
    there's a market at the point?

*runs off to check google*
    "The Point Village Market is closed for winter from Saturday 20th November 2010 until spring 2011"
    you, sir, owe me one market!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭joebucks

A.get inebriated?
    B.go to the bookies?
    C.funderland?
    D.watch the FA cup?
    E.dip in the 40 foot?
    F. All of the above.

Alternatively if you don't wanna do anything typically Irish, then there is a decent food market in Meeting House Square. Gallery of Photography and the National Photography are also in MHS and usually have decent exhibitions on could be worth checking out.

IMMA is always worth a look, not sure what on at present though. Bring your own tucker though as the canteen is a rip-off.

Jane Eyre matinée in the Gate is another possibility.

Have a good one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Hamiltonion

The farmers market in Meeting house sq Temple Bar is great for some lunch and a gander, then a movie in the IFI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭CharlesHaughey

I recommend a meal in Annes on Henry Street then layback and listen to some good buskers.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I recommend reading the OP...

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I'm pretty sure the OP has met their friend by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Its ok, they can still visit the time travel cafe and do it all again following some of the suggestions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Waestrel

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the OP has met their friend by now.

did indeed, went to the guineess storehouse, forgot i had two tickets lying around the house. Thank god i live in a world of guiness!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

I reckon you should go to the Guinness Storehouse.

Advertisement