Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any fun happening in Gorey/Courtown?

Options
  • 07-01-2011 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi

I moved to RiverChapel in August and know very few ppl in the area.
    spent most time up and down to Dublin and want to get to more people in the area. Does anyone know of good clubs to join? classes? , walking clubs, water sports? anything that consists of not sitting in pub and not Jimmys either!
    Am moving shortly in and around the same area, so any suggestions that might be more lively would be appreciated. Just looking for other people in their thirties who dont want to sit at home every night.

Any ideas or suggestions?? even Wicklow area I would consider!

Cheers:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Kenevil

Hi op

How weird I moved down here in august too, I'm not sure if too much happens around here during the winter months, I've been told it's a totally different place in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Wshoku

I used to live half way to Gorey and have to say you wont be bored during summer!
    Plenty of fish, fun and pints :D
    Winter is quiet time good for relaxation :)
    Gorey would have one or two spots. Enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

There's swimming and aerobics in the leisure centre, plus the gym of course. There are walking clubs in Gorey. The Community school will have evening classes starting in a few weeks. There are soccer and GAA clubs
    I'm not a drinker but there are a couple of well run pubs. If you are a golfer, the 19th in Courtown has a golf society and the Taravie is good for a quiet drink and a meal. Ambrose Maloneys can be a bit noisy but generally OK. The rest I would avoid.
    Buy the Guardian and have a read through the local pages. I'm a Dub myself, moved here several years ago and while it will never match Dublin in terms of things to do, it makes up for it in a lot of other ways.
    It is hard to get to know people but I think that's the same everywhere these days, people are more inclined to keep to themselves but if you join one of the local clubs, it's half the battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 747

Thanks for all your posts guys. some good advice there. Cheers

Advertisement