Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ingredients with a french accent!!?

Options
  • 07-01-2011 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hello there,

Not sure if anyone happened to catch Neven Maguire talking to Jacques Cagna the Parisien chef on RTE the other night, but Jacques talked him through a recipe for braised beef cheeks which sounds pretty great to me.

I'm going to give it a go, but I can't make out two of the ingredients for the bouquet garni thanks to his lovely french accent!

If anyone had a sec and could go to a point exactly 11 minutes into the video of the show here on RTE player, I'd love to hear opinions on what the mystery ingredients (at least to me) might be.

This is what I can/can't hear:

- zest of 1 orange
    - 1 leaf of WHAT!??!

- 30 grams of ginger
    - 5 pepper corns
    - 5 sprigs of fresh thyme
    - 25 grams of dried EH?!?!!?

I'm sure its completely obvious, but I'm still enjoying the learning side of cooking! (And will be for quite some time...!)

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

1. Laurel or Laurier i.e. bay leaf
    2. Ceps, i.e. porcini mushrooms

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭lukeod

Thank you! I thought the first could be a bay leaf alright.

Thanks again - much appreciated.

Advertisement