Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

photoshop exercise/project ideas?

Options
  • 07-01-2011 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi.
    I am taking a class with some 15 year olds where we will do some of the basic editing skills in Photoshop.

Id love to have a Simple Fun project that they could do or have completed by the end of say 6-8 weeks of 1 hour classes.

They could do it individually or as a group (20)

I googled ideas but there are so many sites that I didnt know where to start.

so I'd be gratefull if anyone had any suggestions/ideas or links that might be useful.
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

Have them do a spoof of advertisments.. thats always a fun one.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Framed10

Have them do a spoof of advertisments.. thats always a fun one.

good suggestion, thanks.
    Do you have any links to ones done already?
    Just so I can show them an example.
    if not dont worry.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,572 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Have a photo of an open field or a bit of woodland and have them find images on the internet that they can cut out and drop into the picture (they will be mostly spaceships and star wars characters!).

Collect a few images of animals and birds and let them graft bits of one onto another to make impossible hybrids, so you get a peagle from an eagle and a pig, or a dow/cog from a dog and a cow.

Give them pictures of fruit and vegetables that they can cut out and turn into pictures - faces or scenery.

Ask them to make a cd cover for their favourite band/singer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

looksee wrote: »
    Ask them to make a cd cover for their favourite band/singer
    I saw a similar idea pop up on facebook:
    1 - Go to wikipedia and hit random. The first random wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.
    2 - Go to quotationspage.com and hit random. The last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.
    3 - Go to flickr and click on “explore the last seven days”. Third picture no matter what it is, will be your album cover.
    4 - Use photoshop or similar (picnik.com is a free online photo editor) to put it all together.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

There are literally hundreds of inspiring PS ideas on here -

http://www.worth1000.com/

I like the movie poster ones - good mix of masking, image manipulation and text effects etc.

http://www.worth1000.com/contests/26326/movie-madness-7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭KeelanM90

Make custom wallpapers for each of them portraying them as their favourite superhero etc.
    That way they'll have something to take home and be proud of!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

- Re-colour a black & white photo.
    - Photoshop themselves (or someone else) into an historical event.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Framed10

thanks all for the great suggestions.
    Lots to go on there.
    Will have to see how much I get to show them in the few classes that we have.
    cheers

Advertisement