Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLACKBERRY coming to METEOR in 2011

Options
  • 07-01-2011 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Meteor
    Hello, Its my first time to post in the section of Boards but thought I'd set up this thread to see if other people had heard about this and had any more information about it. The Woman in Meteor also told me to keep an eye on Boards.ie because its where news gets broken is what she said haha!

Anyway I went into meteor wondering about the what would be lost using a meteor sim on a Blackberry and she was explaining it to me but then she said I'll tell you something that has only came about today, she said she got an email that meteor are planning to unveil the Blackberry on their network in the next few months and she says the demand has been high. Has anybody heard anything else? This was the 1st I had heard about it but she said that was the only information they had about it but that It will be coming out and told me to hold off instead and wait if I wanted all functions.

I hope starting this thread people might add more or if somebody finds out whats happening might post it here! I emailed Meteor and they said they cannot disclose any information about any new plans on the network!

What do ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭CivilEx

I suppose with Vodafone starting to push the Blackberry platform on prepay Meteor might feel they can also make some inroads into that Market.

TBH Blackberry services are still overpriced in Ireland, so I'd say there is plenty of room for them to get in there.

I hadn't heard anywhere else though that Meteor were going to start offering Blackberry phones

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

If Eircom are serious about the business market BB is a must, made worse by the lack of iPhone on Meteor/eMobile, from what I can see, which is more widely supported by corporate IT, but not to the same extent as BB. Android, eMobile/Meteor's preferred smartphone platform, is not well supported by corporate IT departments nor has it been hugely pushed by Google/Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Seems Meteor will be adding Blackberry within the next couple of weeks
    Will be great to have another player in the market
    Makes me wonder...........I'm sure O2 will follow Vodafone and offer prepay Blackberry now also, so I'd hold off on any new Blackberry plans for the moment

Advertisement