Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommendations for jewellers?

Options
  • 07-01-2011 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Does anyone have any experience getting a ring sized & reset in any of the jewellers in Galway?

I have to get an engagement ring adjusted and will be buying wedding bands as well, but not sure where in Galway has a good reputation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Check a few shops. Herself had one adjusted in Blacoe I think a week back, was less than half price compared to some others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Richard Quinn's on Lower Dominic Street is the place to go. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Fallers were lovely (according to hubby who bought the engagement ring there).

Don't go to the crowd on top of shop street, next to Matt O'Flaherty's pharmacy (I forget their name, fairly well-known?!) - unbelievably rude when we wanted to buy wedding rings, yer one wouldnt stop poking her fingernails with scissors, and hardly looked up to greet us, nevermind ask if we wanted anything or required help (and we were not wearing tracksuits or looked in any way 'poor', not that that woudl excuse such behaviour either...). Suffice to say we walked out of there fairly lively...

Advertisement