Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 - Issues with contract Length

Options
  • 07-01-2011 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭

Hi guys just looking for some advice on where i stand, myself and my boss have Bill pay phones on the same contract, we decided to accept our upgrades and stay with them for one more year. My boss picked his phone and shortly after i went in with him (he is the billpayer) and decided on mine, I asked the sales guy how long is the contract, as he had tried selling me an iphone with 18 month contract which i didnt want. He confirmed it was 12 months, my boss asked him to confirm this. then just as we got the contract to sign in-store before we signed we asked again.

Now my issue, o2 had contacted us with other services, when they let slip we were on an 18 month contract as my phone (HTC Desire) they said only comes on an 18 month contract.

I brought my contract back into store to the sales assistant that dealt with me and he confirmed yes i am on an 18 month contract, my contract clearly states in bold letters that i am in a 12 month contract, he even had the cheek to ask me did i want him to hold on to the contract :rolleyes:

Where do i stand?o2 are adiment i am on a 18 month and are not budging, is that a breach of contract? is it good enough reason to cancel the contract?? What would you guys recommend i do next?

Thanks in advance
    projectgtr

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

You seem to have a strong case, you even have it in writing.

The store that sold you the phone could end up loosing the commission for that phone if the contract is voided, so don't expect too much help there.

Put your request in writing to O2 with a COPY of the contract telling them the date you want to cancel your contract and why. If you get knocked back, try complaining to comreg.

Don't accept O2 sending you back to the shop, the shop can't do anything only O2 customer service or the account manager can fix this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

if your copy of the contract states the contract is for 12months then that is the length of the contract regardless of what o2 or their agents say in store. you were told it was a 12month contract and this was confirmed in writing to you in the form of your copy of the contract which will tally with what o2 have on file!

if o2 change their copy of the contract it is grounds to get out of contract immediately as they are changing the terms of the deal without your consent or agreement! write to o2 headquarters with a "copy" of your contract and tell them if they insist you are on a 18month contract you want to see where exactly it states that in your contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

If you go onto their forum and let them know they should confirm that you are on a 12 month contract, they have done so in the past including for me although you may have to fax in a copy of your contract

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭DMG_49

Contact one of the mods on 02.ie (forum), nearly sure on of them are also a mod on here.

See what they have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

thanks guys ive dealt with o2 over the phone and in store now its to the stage of keeping it to post, thanks for the advice im gonna forward them a copy of the contract then depending on the outcome the next step is COMREG

• Advertisement
Advertisement