Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get in Gear!

Options
  • 08-01-2011 12:00am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Who's done it before? Who's doing it this semester?

Either post your experiences or your intention to sign up this month here :P

Official site

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭fairyprincessx

I'm thinking of doing it considering the Everest-sized mountain of food I consumed over Christmas!

Any particular classes anyone would recommend? Is the health check they give you any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Ktryan

I'm thinking of doing the boot camp one, i havnt done it before, does anybody know how tough it is and if it is worth €40? will i be fitter at the end of it all?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I don't know, but €40 seems like great value for unlimited access to all the classes on offer for 5 weeks. It looks pretty tough though, so I'm sticking with the Get Active one for this semester :P. It has a bigger range of classes I'm interested in anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

It is great value, I just never got a chance to go to the classes, so it was a bit of a waste of time for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Tuty_Fruity

Ktryan wrote: »
    I'm thinking of doing the boot camp one, i havnt done it before, does anybody know how tough it is and if it is worth €40? will i be fitter at the end of it all?

I did the bootcamp and it is tough! It would be worth the €40 if you are looking to get fit :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Ktryan

Thanks Tuty Fruity,

had planned on doing it but from the looks of it it doesnt really go with my timetable, i think i will just go to the pay as you go classes, boxercise etc instead :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

So, has everyone signed up yet? I only got my passport photos sorted today, so I didn't think there'd be any spots left for the health evaluation... but there is! Mine's tomorrow afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭fairyprincessx

So, has everyone signed up yet? I only got my passport photos sorted today, so I didn't think there'd be any spots left for the health evaluation... but there is! Mine's tomorrow afternoon.

I had mine the other day, got such a nice guy who told me in the nicest way possible that I had zero flexibility! He also took my blood pressure and heart rate and we had to do a simple stepping exercise for three minutes!

Can't wait to start the classes now!

*I hope I'll still be this motivated in a month :D*

Advertisement