Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever been to Dublin ?

Options
  • 08-01-2011 12:13am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭

Whats it like ?
    Is it safe ?

I'm planning on going there for a day next November.
    But I'm having second thoughts now.

Friends (survivors) have told me that it is a queer place.
    Nice buildings and a smelly river, but full of strangely weird folk with funny accents.

I think I met a Dublinman once somewhere in Thailand. The only one I've ever met.

He was indeed "queer, smelly and weird".

Are they all like that down there ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Lapin wrote: »

Are they all like that down there ?

yes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

I'm from Meath. I was there a few times in my life, most were for GAA matches. I found the people very up-their-own-arse. The overwhelming feeling I got from them was that they thought their lives should be better, that they were entitled to more than everybody else. They do sound weird alright. Other than that its just like any city.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭keithm1

Dublin is full of culchies and muck savages from Meath with some serious issues probably best to avoid it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Dublin?

Never heard of such a place...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

I've only ever been to Dublin once and that was in 1983 on a school trip. I don't remember being overly impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭neil_

I went there once and got really drunk and fell over. I don't think I'll go back.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

neil_ wrote: »
    I went there once and got really drunk and fell over. I don't think I'll go back.

You got kicked out of fibbers twice in half an hour, even the locals cant do that. We miss you neil.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

you need shots to ward off infections dont you?

oh and check with the dept of foreign affairs in case of a travel advisory.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

You got kicked out of fibbers twice in half an hour, even the locals cant do that. We miss you neil.

People get kicked out of Fibbers? That's news to me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

That_Guy wrote: »
    People get kicked out of Fibbers? That's news to me.

That's how hardcore neil_ is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement