Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car in the Fountain in UL

• 08-01-2011 12:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Did anyone else hear about the car in the fountain out in UL earlier tonight? Old man was in the car, and had to be rescued, Have photos which will be up shortly, hope he was okay after it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

I guess you could say...

*Puts on sunglasses*

He flooded the engine!

YYeeeeeeeeeeeahhhhhhhhhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

How in gods name did he get his car in that direction on a straight piece of road:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    How in gods name did he get his car in that direction on a straight piece of road:pac:

Apparently what I heard when I was taking pictures of it, he hit a bollard, and swerved and went into the ice, however it is up on a large curb and he was quite far in on the ice, so it must have held up for a while. But there could have been more factors over him being an older man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Shane Slv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

bwahahaha thats brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Does anyone know if the unfortunate driver was taken ill before the accident, or if he was hurt?

People amused by this? Strange to say the least.

John.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

phill106 wrote: »
    I guess you could say...

*Puts on sunglasses*

He flooded the engine!

YYeeeeeeeeeeeahhhhhhhhhhhh

This seems appropriate :cool:

Here are the pics, I'm not embeding them as they are fullsize as I don't have time to resize them: http://xtremegraphics.org/press/accidentul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Comhrá

So.... does anyone actually know what happened the driver?
    Was he/she injured? Did the car skid on ice or was the driver ill or incapacitated before the car went into the water?

J.

• Advertisement

tippman1 wrote: »
    So.... does anyone actually know what happened the driver?
    Was he/she injured? Did the car skid on ice or was the driver ill or incapacitated before the car went into the water?

J.

Car was driving, hit a bollard and swerved, hit the curb, slid on the ice it held for a few seconds, but then broke.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Did he died?

Hes fine, he was put to warm up in the Fire Truck where he rang family until the ambulance arrived on scene.

Advertisement