Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weigh in here!..

• 08-01-2011 12:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Ok, 'tis post Christmas and most of us will have over done it on the food and gargle..

What weight are you at now, and what will you compete at?.

Me.. I'm 125kgs and will weigh +/- 110 for competition (I fight plus 100kgs).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

not sayin'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

I ate a huge amount over Xmas, still only went from around 68 to 70kgs. I'm always too weak at 70 so I'm going to fight MMA at 66 hopefully and still compete at under 70 in BJJ gi comps. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Chris Dowling

I'm the opposite getting back fit after a year of problems so I dropped from 119.7kg on Dec 18th to 113.2kg on Jan 7th another 14kg to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

73kg. At 6'2", I feel this is too light for my height so goal for this year is to get bigger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

Jonah42 wrote: »
    73kg. At 6'2", I feel this is too light for my height so goal for this year is to get bigger.

I'm 6'1" atleast and 68kgs on a good day! Haha I'm still waiting to grow up and fill out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

72.106kg, which is just about a kilo below the cut off point for my category. Unfortunately, I banjaxed my toe on my first session of the new year, so that's a much bigger concern for me right now than making weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭antybots

I'm currently 82kg but pre-christmas I was 78kg. I usually compete at around the 74kg mark. Time to lose the gut.

130 pounds, don't bitch about the cold to me. 5' 9'' btw. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭bigdogbarking

ok i feel like a fatty :D 5'7" and at a robust 91kg :eek: - a combination of marriage and mrs bigdog having babies (before, approx 18-24 months ago i was about 90 kg but less than 10% bf, now its a lot higher :rolleyes:, I will be fighting in march at 85 but ideally I should be at around 80. gonna be a tough few months ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

not sayin'

Amen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

87 kg, hoping to lose at least 10 kg by the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭MarkFairman

Im 83kg used to compete at 70 back in the day, but issue is i love my food and drink! doing my best to eat better, however looking to find a beer alternative.......wine perhaps? although with pints of wine i might get wankered pretty quicky :)

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭wingnut4

66kg before christmas, 63.5kg now, plan to get to 62 and ill be content, will be happiest at 60kg :-) id drop 2kg for comps, minus jujitsu where id just go to the next highest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭da-bres

I was 68 before christmas, im a whopping 74 now, put on a full stone:( euros will be disastrous!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Pre christmas 77kg even.
    Post Christmas 79.2.
    Gotta get to cuttin distance of 73 at the end of Feb.
    Wish me luck. The worst part is my mam gotta baking and cook book at christmas. DAMN HER!!!!!!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

101kg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭EnjoyChoke

Pre Crimbo- 85kg
    Post Crimbo - 82kg
    One advantage to training over the holidays :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Well training is back on for me, although until the bloody IJA release dates its not in full on yet.. Back in the road, jogging at lunch and off the gargle (more or less).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,058 ✭✭✭cletus

after two years of little to no training, for a variety of reasons, I have gone from (last comp weight) 80kg to 88kg - heaviest I've ever been :( Time for me to make a concerted effort to get my (now fatter) ass back training

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭lil-evil

5ft6 and 65kgs - Very hard for me to put on weigh or muscle ( curse of a high metabolism ) but planning on hitting 70 by the summer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭SorGan

lil-evil wrote: »
    5ft6 and 65kgs - Very hard for me to put on weigh or muscle ( curse of a high metabolism ) but planning on hitting 70 by the summer

litre of milk a day should sort that right out :)

6'2 101kg..all meat :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Dermighty wrote: »
    101kg

Now 98kg :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭stevemc01

The last time I competed was at the Irish BJJ Open in October, and weighed in at about 86.5kg wearing the Gi, Tuesday was my first night back training in 3 months and I'm now about 92kg in my boxers. The goal for the year is to compete in as much as possible in BJJ and nogi competitions and get back down to about 80kg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Disco Volante

Just back training with about two weeks. I took a holiday to Paris at the start of the month and I wasn't gonna even contemplate running while on the jolly days so I got back into it nothing too heavy just a fast paced 2.5 to 3 mile run maybe 4 or 5 times a week combined with cutting out snacking and no booze...

Started off at 84kg that was two weeks ago down to 81 now and the target weight is 77! Going strong!

Advertisement