Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC broadband reconnection question

• 08-01-2011 12:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi folks..
    I wonder if anybody can answer this..
    My son just moved into his new appartment, it's wired up for UPC BB and has the router and all the wiring but the previous owner has obviously had the account terminated. My son phoned up UPC to have the BB reconnected but they told him it wasn't that simple..he would have to have a new router installed and pay for a new connection fee! Is this right? can he just not use the router with the new account set up in his name?..
    cheers.
    jimrad

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

He should be able to, but if UPC won't do it, then no.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Stellaluna

As far as I know, an activation fee of around 30 euro is charged per 'box' being set up at the address. By box I just mean the modem/router - so if you were adding a digital tv box as well there would be two 30 euro activation fees. A 50 euro connection charge should only apply if you didn't have a UPC connection at the property. You'll prob have to pay the activation fee whether they change the modem or not - might as well get a new one I s'pose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭jimrad

That's cleared that up so..Thanks for the replys
    jimrad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Nollog

jimrad wrote: »
    Hi folks..
    I wonder if anybody can answer this..
    My son just moved into his new appartment, it's wired up for UPC BB and has the router and all the wiring but the previous owner has obviously had the account terminated. My son phoned up UPC to have the BB reconnected but they told him it wasn't that simple..he would have to have a new router installed and pay for a new connection fee! Is this right? can he just not use the router with the new account set up in his name?..
    cheers.
    jimrad
    Have him sign up via the boards link http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055831222 and they waive the installation fee.
    My installer had to put in a new cable box on the wall and run a bit of cable so I really don't think there would be a charge for plugging the cable from the box to the modem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭jimrad

Nice one /\/ollog..cheers.
    jimrad

• Advertisement
Advertisement