Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cot bumpers - that go all around the cot

• 08-01-2011 12:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

My nine month old is now putting her legs and sometimes arms between the bars of the cot and falling asleep in this position. I have a cot bumper around the top of the cot but it isn't enough.Does anyone know if I can get anything like a cot bumper to go all around the cot to stop this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Ikea do some lovely ones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 curver

ikea!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭beachbabe

I got some lovely ones in ikea, then discovered thet are not reccomended for under ones, a gro bag is a safer solution!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Buy a second bumper? :pac:

We bought two identical ones for each of our pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭schnorkleborg

beachbabe wrote: »
    a gro bag is a safer solution!

+1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Grobag and Ikea bumper, cause the can still wriggle, toss and turn in a grobag.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ani_mal

Hi,

I had the same problem, when I discovered that my son turns himself around in the cot, so I put him into a sleeping bag and it works great, he falls asleep quicker and feels more cosy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭ASVM

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your great suggestions babs is in the gro bag now but is still sleeping with her arm through the bar. Am definitely going to get the bumper in Ikea.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭ellee

Aren't cot bumpers supposed to be a suffocation risk? I thought you were supposed to remove them before putting baby in for the night?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

ASVM wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your great suggestions babs is in the gro bag now but is still sleeping with her arm through the bar. Am definitely going to get the bumper in Ikea.

Does it bother her? She might just find it comforting.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

ellee wrote: »
    Aren't cot bumpers supposed to be a suffocation risk? I thought you were supposed to remove them before putting baby in for the night?
    Once they're fitted properly - i.e. secured top and bottom I don't see the issue.

Besides when your bundle of joy spends the entire night cracking their head off the bars of their cot you don't have much choice!

Advertisement