Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best price on JVC 350 projector?

• 08-01-2011 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi quick question please, I can get a used JVC HD350 projector for 1100 pounds with low hours from a trusted source, just wondering what is the best price you can do for a new one?

Thanks!

S

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

soldsold wrote: »
    Hi quick question please, I can get a used JVC HD350 projector for 1100 pounds with low hours from a trusted source, just wondering what is the best price you can do for a new one?

Thanks!

S

S,

http://www.richersounds.com/product/projectors/jvc/dla-hd350/jvc-dla-hd350-b

£1799.95 and we have them available ready to ship for next day delivery.

http://www.whathifi.com/Review/JVC-DLA-HD350/

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭soldsold

Thanks John, just checking if there was a boards discount off your listed price, as its January and all :)

Whats the price in euro including delivery to Birr Co Offaly?

Thanks,

Steve

soldsold wrote: »
    Thanks John, just checking if there was a boards discount off your listed price, as its January and all :)

Whats the price in euro including delivery to Birr Co Offaly?

Thanks,

Steve

Steve,

We are really tight on that projector at £1799.95 and unfortunately £1799.95 is as low as I can go.

I can do delivery at just £12.99 to Birr and the Euro price would be €2199.99 if you were looking for a fixed price.

It's in stock, ready to go and eagerly awaiting a new home :D:D:D

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Ok thanks, I'll go ahead, I'll send you a PM to arrange payment and delivery. Its a great projector by all accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

*Hoping to dodge a snip*

But you jammy b%*&^rd, gorgeous PJ your getting there, fair play!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

*Hoping to dodge a snip*

Grrrrrrrr......... :D

Ritz.

The Ritz wrote: »
    Grrrrrrrr......... :D

Ritz.

Ritzy,

if I was you I would ban him anyway - he has not bought anything from us at all this week - it's just not good enough......:D:D:D

Moll,

Chat soon,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Ritzy,

if I was you I would ban him anyway - he has not bought anything from us at all this week - it's just not good enough......:D:D:D

Moll,

Chat soon,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John,
    Oh how I wish it had only been a week!!! AV reciever is next on my list, hopefully not to long more now!!
    Patience is a virtue and all that.:D

Thanks,
    Moo

PS. John, I've emailed you a query on behalf of a mate who is after an Cd player/amp stereo setup, you might have a look when you have the time.

Sorry Ritz I won't pollute this thread any longer, your finger must be gagging to hit edit!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

@soldsold,

Now you see what happens when the regulars here get the scent of new kit !

@moolers,

If you're going to keep posting here you'd better buy something soon or I'll ban ya ! (just following orders, you understand... :D)

Thanks for the laughs, lets hope that soldsold loves his new projector, I'm a bit jealous myself !

Ritz.

Sorry for making anyone jealous of my new purchase, its probably better if I dont mention any details of my new 7m x 5m dedicated cinema room with room-in-room soundproofing, 7.1 B&W/ BK Monolith speakers, 3m wide acoustically transparent anamorphic 2.35:1 DIY screen, DIY acoustic treatment panels, DIY bass traps, and so on. I think I'll just keep that to myself :D

Seriously though, Ive been researching equipment, soundproofing, acoustic treatment etc flat out for a long time now, add DIY building of an extension - note a downstairs open plan kitchen, living room and dining room = big upstairs free area with no specific use so easy to twist herself into agreeing a cinema room :), Ive been buying secondhand for the last number of years and am finally getting closer to having the cinema room ready.

I'm lucky to have the space as we live in the midlands just on the outside of town, the rest is hard graft, many many late nights researching the sweet spot of home cinema purchases, searching forums for bargains and this projector is rated as one of the best available. And at a new reasonably affordable price Im happy to have it as the only piece of kit I'll buy new. Its the most expensive single item but Im hoping I'll never need an upgrade until it goes belly up. As a comparison my brother spent 1800 euro on a 37 inch sanyo TV a few years ago, so I consider projectors the bargain of the centuary.

All I need now is to get a second hand anamorphic lens and Im done! Wide screen 2.35:1 constant image height is where its at apparently, cant wait to try a few movies in this setup.

Fair play to Richer Sounds for getting on the phone to let me know delivery/ payment details straight away, I believe my new projector is in the phillips shop awaiting my payment to be cleared.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

john, you don't have any more of the 350's lying around at that price do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Mossy.

Don't have any around here at the mo, but the warehouse just got a couple in....and I literally is only a couple.

If you wanted one, I would need to move quickly and I would also need to get a deposit on it, to get it secured.

Keep me posted.

ATB

Dave

Hi Mossy.

Don't have any around here at the mo, but the warehouse just got a couple in....and I literally is only a couple.

If you wanted one, I would need to move quickly and I would also need to get a deposit on it, to get it secured.

Keep me posted.

ATB

Dave

dave thanks for getting back to me. if there are more i'll take one if it's at the above price. , will pm you now to proceed

note of thanks to Richer sounds, i managed to snag one of the last of these they had available. An absolute pleasure to deal with, both sales guys i talked to.

My wife just let me know she signed off for a big box at home, which i presume is my new projector.

well done Richer Sounds, my first purchase but definitely not my last

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Holla23

Lads,

Just wondering did the quality of the JVC HD350 projector live up to its expectations? Planning a house build at the moment so will see if the boss lets me add this to the budget. :)

Also, did you get a projector screen for it aswell or will an off-white wall do the trick?

I didnt pick mine up yet, am waiting for another richer sounds item to collect the two together, but am 100% sure that you will be really happy with this projector. Ive done a huge amount of research and everything points towards this being a projector that punches well above its weight/ price, despite being pretty expensive compared to what you can buy cheap 1080p projectors for nowadays.

Compared to the more expensive JVC 550, 750, 950 the consensus is that this is by far the best bang for the buck, and very close to the top of the range ones at reasonable money.

Ive seen reviews from users that compared it to a number of other projectors around the same price range, and they all rate it higher than the competition in pretty much every case, the usual report when they set it up at its out of the box settings is "wow".

i have mine, and to put it in perspective this is the room it is in: http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/mossym/Picture004.jpg

it's not my first projector, it's replacing a 720p Panasonic Ax100. the screen is an imported Carada 110" fixed screen, one of the best screens you can buy without going to ludicrous money, that said it cost me the bones of $1000USD to get it here

so, that said, this projector is amazing, a serious step up from the ax100, the move from 720p to 1080p at 110" is very noticable, but the detail, scaling, deinterlacing on this are so much better it's a different league. Colors are very good, this doesn't have a dedicated CMS so although there is room for improvment there isn't a lot you can do, but there isn't a lot needed anyway

at the price this used to be, it was an excellent projector, at this price it's an absolute steal....i highly highly recommend it

Mod Comment:

Holla23, soldsold, mossym,

Considering the fairly unique nature of the item in question I'm leaving these posts in place but please bear in mind the Charter rules about discusssion/opinion/advice etc. If you want to continue this discussion I'm happy to move these posts to the Home Entertainment forums.

Thanks,

Ritz.

The Ritz wrote: »
    Mod Comment:

Holla23, soldsold, mossym,

Considering the fairly unique nature of the item in question I'm leaving these posts in place but please bear in mind the Charter rules about discusssion/opinion/advice etc. If you want to continue this discussion I'm happy to move these posts to the Home Entertainment forums.

Thanks,

Ritz.

sorry ritz, thought it might be okay as i'm only giving an opinion on someting i bought, but more importantly RS are the only ones doing this projector now from what i know so didn't think there was any harm, if we have crossed a line then please move it over to the HE forums. i don't read those on here very much though

Mod Comment:

@mossym, the posts have been left in place precisely because it is "alright" in the circumstances - the poster's query has been ansered. I've offered to move this somewhere appropriate if necessary but I was drawing attention to the Charter as a general reminder.

For the sake of clarity, there's no problem here.

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Holla23

Thanks for that guys and apologies if posted in incorrect forum.

John/Dave
    whats the story with bulbs for the 350, can you get them and what's the price? Thinking i'll buy a back up one to have one on hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Mossy. I have requested a price and availability from our purchasing guys and I'll get back to you once they have the info.

ATB

Dave

cheers dave, let me know when you have an answer

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.