Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

struggling...

Options
  • 08-01-2011 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi all

I wonder if there's anyone who could give me some advice about maintenance.

I'm seperated, I have two children in college and I'm finding it impossible to find work. My ex earns over €60k and recently I had to go to court to get maintenance. My ex claimed that he only had a net income of €700 per week. The Judge ordered him to pay €200 per week. I get €150 per week from the One parent Family Payment. I pay €150 rent per week.

The information I need is as follows:

Am I fighting a loosing battle asking for more?

How much of his salary, €63k, does a man working in the civil service have to contribute to a pension?

Is the money he pays to me tax deductable for him. The solo website says it's not tax deductable but rev.ie says it is?

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Hi all

I wonder if there's anyone who could give me some advice about maintenance.

I'm seperated, I have two children in college and I'm finding it impossible to find work. My ex earns over €60k and recently I had to go to court to get maintenance. My ex claimed that he only had a net income of €700 per week. The Judge ordered him to pay €200 per week. I get €150 per week from the One parent Family Payment. I pay €150 rent per week.

The information I need is as follows:

Am I fighting a loosing battle asking for more?

How much of his salary, €63k, does a man working in the civil service have to contribute to a pension?

Is the money he pays to me tax deductable for him. The solo website says it's not tax deductable but rev.ie says it is?

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated!

You will have to speak to a solicitor. We cannot give out legal advice on this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Maintence paid for the upkeep of a spouse/wife/huseband is tax deductable that paid for the up keep of children is not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement