Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternatives to Sky/UPC?

• 08-01-2011 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hey, I don't know if Im posting in the correct forum or not.

Im moving into a new apartment soon and found out that I can't get sky or UPC there. (don't know why but I think landlord doesn't want to put up dishes or messing about with wiring)

So I am wondering if there are alternatives. I don't know too much this kind of stuff though.

Are there mini satellites that you can put on top of your TV to get free channels? Free mainstream channels at that?!!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

well if you cant put a dish up your stuck with only what an indoor aerial will receive.

Unless you can hide a dish on a balcony?

Seems your stuck.

failing everything move out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,839 ✭✭✭SteM

Don't know what area you're in but you could maybe pick up the new DTT service? All of the Irish channels including TV3 and 3e. If you're in a strong signal area you could pick them up with a Saorview box from Power City and an internal ariel.

Maybe the apartment block is served by Sky Conway or a provider like that?

Advertisement