Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPad Wireless Keyboard

• 08-01-2011 2:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

Well, I got one, wasn't sure if any of the non apple ones worked so decided to fork out for the €69 wireless/bluetooth one. They were surprisingly sold out in most HMV's I tried, but I found stock in PC World in Liffey Valley.

Just a short write up to let you guys know how they are :)

For me, I didn't really need one, but it is handy to have if I've long work emails or documents to write up. Although I have a net book handy, I just think I just enjoy the Apple interface that bit better.

The keyboard itself has a great design (like anything Apple I guess) light weight and full size so typing is the same as on any desktop/laptop keyboard.

Very cool design, and very easy to type on. Pairing it to the iPad took less than two minutes. Bluetooth on, and it finds it straight away. Enter a four digit number on the keyboard and it's paired.

One thing I've noticed is that some of the functions such as ctrl - delete won't delete the last word (what windows does) but I guess I'll live.

The spell checker seems to work a bit differently as well. Not as smart as when you're typing on the touch screen, but still is fine as it's more accurate on the keyboard.

I still haven't worked out if there are any shortcuts for navigation or anything on the keyboard. But there doesn't seem to be any, so if you're navigating a webpage or anything, you'll still have to touch the screen to move the page up and down, you can't use the directional arrows to scroll.

I think there are two options for keyboards for the iPad, one which has the connector dock and the wireless one. I chose the wireless one as the wired one, you could only use it in portrait mode, I find I browse and type most emails/on web pages in landscape mode so I guess the wireless one was the right decision.

imo, the one thing that had me a bit frustrated some times was the keyboard, especially when having to write long work emails etc. The keyboard has really completed the iPad for me now. The unit itself is lightweight and easy to carry around and use, and now, I have the option to connect it to a full on keyboard when I need to. Perfect.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

have ya tried pressing the tab kay to change to the next box on a form, i dunnno if its a windows only command but its worth a try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

guil wrote: »
    have ya tried pressing the tab kay to change to the next box on a form, i dunnno if its a windows only command but its worth a try

have tried the tab key but it doesn't really respond, from the 'reply box' on boards, it will jump down to the email notification so I guess it is down to the actual website you're using etc.

I'll probably read up a little on it and see if there are any shortcuts/key presses for the keyboard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

is there a mouse available? i know there is no cursor per se but surely if you set your iPad down at the right angle propped up by a stand on the table/desk in front of you, then reaching out to touch the screen if you want to navigate a page/document really impedes the functionality of the wireless keyboard?

Advertisement