Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you get banned from Boards .....

Options
  • 08-01-2011 2:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

Can you ever make a comeback?

Just curious when I was reading someof the posts and noticed that some users had been banned?

:confused:
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Foreign Legion is the only place to go after a ban ..just to save face

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If it says Banned under a users name they have been sitebanned.
    This may be a temp ban or a permanent ban.

AH -> Feedback as this is a query that pertains to the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

You set up a proxy account, come back and start trolling like its the last day of the interwebs!

Or that's what most people do...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

My good friend got banned, and now I have no way of contacting him ever again :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

amp used to unban you for oral sex but now he's banned too so I'm not sure who you need to blow to get back in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

A lot of us have banned accounts and have slipped back in under the radar, although its very much frowned upon and I really shouldn't be saying it but a few G&T's have loosened my lips :p

The value, and enormity of boards.ie is lost on a lot of newbies so their first accounts mean little.

But its a brilliant site, its only going to get bigger and better. It'll stick around in some shape or form for a long time to come and you really should respect your first registered account and the people providing access to a wonderful forum for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Indeed you can, I have another account. polmki is the username. Oh the fun I had with that account let me tell you..oh wait. :o

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Some site-banned posters have successfully reincarnated, but they tend to be in the minority...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Matt Damon

• Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I remember being sitebanned for a few hours... except that I was asleep, and unbanned by the time I logged in again. But still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Overheal wrote: »
    I remember being sitebanned for a few hours... except that I was asleep, and unbanned by the time I logged in again. But still.
    You sleep?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Macros42 wrote: »
    amp used to unban you for oral sex but now he's banned too so I'm not sure who you need to blow to get back in.

How'd he get banned? Did he ever use D3athG!v3r2000 (or whatever that account's name was) to post after?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

My good friend got banned, and now I have no way of contacting him ever again :(

Try Facebook.
    He might have a farm there. Send him some crops and see if he responds in kind

Rabies wrote: »
    Try Facebook.
    He might have a farm there. Send him some crops and see if he responds in kind

I never knew his real name :( I have a picture of him though and know he lives in the West. Could be a good place to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I've noticed a few people who have been banned coming back as decent contributors only to be booted off again after they've been caught out as a re-reg. Is that a set-in-stone rule? Can someone not be given the oppurtunity to turn things around and become a good poster once they've been sitebanned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I've noticed a few people who have been banned coming back as decent contributors only to be booted off again after they've been caught out as a re-reg. Is that a set-in-stone rule? Can someone not be given the oppurtunity to turn things around and become a good poster once they've been sitebanned?

Yes but conversely you get the trolls that get sitebanned, sweet talk the admins/mods and explain that their sisters aunts cat died and that's why they trolled but it will neva happen again. Eventually they're given a second chance only to start their trolling again in a more underhanded and subtle way.

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

My bubbles account didn't really go down too well but I seem to be getting away with this one.. :D

Seriously though, I'm sure lots of people re-reg and go unnoticed if they keep their nose clean. Those that behave the same way that got them banned in the first place soon pop up on the radar. Most mods won't bother checking a user unless they have a reason to, life is too short for that (mostly).

It's site policy not to allow duplicate accounts to evade bans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I never knew his real name :( I have a picture of him though and know he lives in the West. Could be a good place to start.

Thats sounds like quite the good friend you had there....

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Thats sounds like quite the good friend you had there....

Mostly we talked about me. It was a great relationship :P

Advertisement