Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I delete all my posts?

Options
  • 08-01-2011 2:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭

For personal reasons, I'd like to delete all my posts, or even better not have them come in a google search. Or unregister me or something. Can I change my username and a new username will appear beside all my posts?

Hope you can help, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm afraid it's not possible to delete all your posts. If you just had a couple it might be ok to delete them as long as the relevant forum mods are ok with it, but it's certainly not something we could do for nearly 1,000 posts I'm afraid. There's nothing we can do about the Google search. Even if we did delete your posts they'd still be cached and would be searchable. If by unregister you mean close your account, then that can be done, you just need to e-mail your request to hello@boards.ie. However your posts will still appear with your current username. Name changes are only available to subscribers. You can find out all you need to know about subscribing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

If I was to subscribe, and change my name, would searching for my old name bring up old posts in google?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

A name change would change your name on all posts on Boards, except those that may have been quoted by others in their posts. However there's nothing we can do about Google, the cache would show up posts under your old name.

Advertisement