Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin Service - Dunmore Road

• 08-01-2011 3:01am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Folks,
    Few quick questions for ye please;

1) What bin services, that are cheap and reliable, are available in Waterford? Is binman still the leading company?

2) Black, Brown and Green bins - Black for everything, Green Recycling and Brown food. Correct?

3) When do the council collect the bins around Dunmore Road? Farmleigh to be exact. I have a few stickers from the landlord for Black / Grey Bin - I assume these are okay without having a 2011 sticker on the bin ya?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Sully wrote: »
    Folks,
    Few quick questions for ye please;

1) What bin services, that are cheap and reliable, are available in Waterford? Is binman still the leading company?

2) Black, Brown and Green bins - Black for everything, Green Recycling and Brown food. Correct?

3) When do the council collect the bins around Dunmore Road? Farmleigh to be exact. I have a few stickers from the landlord for Black / Grey Bin - I assume these are okay without having a 2011 sticker on the bin ya?

Not living in the city anymore but I thought the council had stopped refuse collection???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

I heard an ad on the radio during the week for another company that are starting refuse collection in the city,just cant remember the name,im sure someone here knows it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Council will still be doing their bin collections until March I think it is. Off the top of my head, there's Greenstar, Mr. Binman and the new crowd Wastepal.ie as private options. Seeing as the service charge is already paid for your Council bin service, you may as well stay with them until it becomes privatised. Will be worth your while researching the plans provided by the other companies in the meantime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Yeah Wastepal.ie is the new one. Had a look at their site and they have a few options like fixed charge, pay per empty, different bin sizes etc. I am out in the county and have been with Greenstar for 4 yrs. Never had a problem and it has been a good service. Not sure if they are the cheapest but I would be reluctant to switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Bins in Farmleigh are collected on a Wednesday. Grey bin on 12 Jan, green the week after, brown the week after that, and so on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

AdMMM wrote: »
    Council will still be doing their bin collections until March I think it is. Off the top of my head, there's Greenstar, Mr. Binman and the new crowd Wastepal.ie as private options. Seeing as the service charge is already paid for your Council bin service, you may as well stay with them until it becomes privatised. Will be worth your while researching the plans provided by the other companies in the meantime.

Bins say 2010 on them, so I assume they expired. But the landlord left out a few of those ones you rap around the handle for the black and green bin so will use them out, and ill get one for the other brown bin.
    fricatus wrote: »
    Bins in Farmleigh are collected on a Wednesday. Grey bin on 12 Jan, green the week after, brown the week after that, and so on.

Thanks. Bins full so need to get them sorted. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Bins say 2010 on them, so I assume they expired. But the landlord left out a few of those ones you rap around the handle for the black and green bin so will use them out, and ill get one for the other brown bin.

Thanks. Bins full so need to get them sorted. :)

They are not expired, the payment runs from March to March.
    And brown bins are free.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

JPA wrote: »
    They are not expired, the payment runs from March to March.
    And brown bins are free.

Ah perfect, thanks :)

Bah. Missed the collection because you also have to pay the extra 8euro for every collection.

Whats the point in paying the annual fee, and then per collection 8euro?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

Wiser bins also operate in Waterford and are a lot cheaper than that. 22.50 per month covers all collections of waste, recycling and glass. PM me if you want a contact no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Bah. Missed the collection because you also have to pay the extra 8euro for every collection.

Whats the point in paying the annual fee, and then per collection 8euro?!?

I thought that went without saying, Sure you said above the landlord left the tags!

JPA wrote: »
    I thought that went without saying, Sure you said above the landlord left the tags!

We both thought that the tags were for Pay as You go and the annual sticker meant its covered for the year in full! Not paying extra! The last house was Binman so you only paid the fee once.

The landlord doesn't live in Waterford and didn't pay the annual fee so he had no idea and thought it expired!

Advertisement