Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipods where is the best place to get one

Options
  • 08-01-2011 3:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi,

I have looking online to see if I can get a small ipod that I can use at the gym and the only places I saw them in was Argos and Carphone Warehouse. Is there anywhere else I could check and see.

The cheapest one I saw was about €40, I know I sound a cheapskate but is there any cheaper than that. I literally only want about 50 songs.

Would appreciate if you could tell me stores in Athlone preferably and thanks for any advice given.

Orla

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

If you don't mind buying something online, then you can arrange to get a 2nd hand posted to you from people selling on likes of www.adverts.ie - here's one for sale

There are lots of Chinese rip-off devices that are dirt cheap - check out this one:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.50580

Edit - those aren't iPods by the way - it doesn't have to be one particular brand, does it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Orla Walsh

Thanks very much for that, I might try that but then I take a risk by buying online, I think for the sake of a few euro, it might be best to go to somewhere like argos.

Orla

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Eoin wrote: »
    There are lots of Chinese rip-off devices that are dirt cheap - check out this one:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.50580

Edit - those aren't iPods by the way - it doesn't have to be one particular brand, does it?

Let it be said that Dealextreme are not claiming that that device is an Apple iPod, unlike other real rip-off websites and some advertisers on Irish websites who pass off cheap crap as Apple iPhones and iPods.

I have bought stuff from Dealextreme, what you see is what you get, they don't sell rip-offs of any brands i.e. if they claim it's brand X you'll get brand X.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Kelda09

Hi OP, I was in ALDI on Monday, they had an mp3 player for 19.99. It seemed to be quite like the i-pod shuffle, no screen, pretty much just pot luck what song would come on. I did't really even look at it to be honest so I dont have much info on them, but Im sure if you look online or pop into one of the stores you'll get more info. Might be worth a look, Im sure they'd hold plenty of songs for you. Hope this helps, sorry if it doesnt:o

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

coylemj wrote: »
    Let it be said that Dealextreme are not claiming that that device is an Apple iPod, unlike other real rip-off websites and some advertisers on Irish websites who pass off cheap crap as Apple iPhones and iPods.

I have bought stuff from Dealextreme, what you see is what you get, they don't sell rip-offs of any brands i.e. if they claim it's brand X you'll get brand X.

Sorry, I shouldn't have said they were rip-offs, I just meant cheap similar versions. I wouldn't say that it's high quality stuff though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lerry01

Why not try from eBay? I think you can buy a cheap one from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

lerry01 wrote: »
    Why not try from eBay? I think you can buy a cheap one from there.

E-bay is awesome for dels and it's secure ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Orla Walsh

Thanks very much for the info.

I have often tried ebay for other stuff so I might be patient and see if I can get a good one there. Will have a look at lidls and Aldi to see if anymore are for sale.

Appreciate all the info.

Orla

Advertisement