Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB Initial payment of 648.27!?

Options
  • 08-01-2011 3:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭

I just noticed this. The ESB took out 648.27 when I got connected... what? I just moved into a new place.

This is crazy, I can't afford this. I'm on RAS and I was meant to be getting money for electricity as part of one of the packages you send off for. The Landlord was meant to take a reading and send it to them.

Taking this kind of money off someone on disability...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭CrystalLettuce

I just checked the bill. Apparently this was all the charge for the last month. That's ****ing insane. How could I have used that much electricity? Granted I was using an old electric heater since I was in a cold house with no central heating, but that's nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

I just checked the bill. Apparently this was all the charge for the last month. That's ****ing insane. How could I have used that much electricity? Granted I was using an old electric heater since I was in a cold house with no central heating, but that's nuts.

These things absolutely guzzle juice, especially old ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭CrystalLettuce

Not 600 euros worth.

Anyway it looks like the meter reading was taken down wrong, hopefully it'll be sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Anyway it looks like the meter reading was taken down wrong, hopefully it'll be sorted.

Hi CrystalLettuce,

If you need any help/clarification for the above, please feel free to PM me with your account details and I can look into it further.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement