Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pole shift is happening now!

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭cucbuc

It takes about 5000 years according to scientists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

If they do indeed reverse i would say they migrate to reversal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Well, just think of the future job opportunities, map printing, sign repainting etc.

Not to mention having to update all those sayings! :pac:

Her sagging tits have gone north.
    down under becomes up over (Australia)
    Middle East will become the middle West.

Southern Ireland will have a whole new meaning.
    There is no such thing as Southern Ireland. It is call Republic of Ireland. so No confusion there.

What does that mean? Am feeling a bit like Dougal atm.:confused:

limklad wrote: »
    There is no such thing as Southern Ireland. It is call Republic of Ireland. so No confusion there.

Not to mention the south pole will still be the south pole, the north pole is a fair bit from the magnetic north as it is, so they will be the same geographic poles whatever the magnetic poles do:D

robbie7730 wrote: »
    If they do indeed reverse i would say they migrate to reversal.

I meant to post that Dougal question after the above..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Im so damn happy I bought an acre of land on the moon last year. And people we're laughing at me!! Time to pack the bags and car just incase.

cucbuc wrote: »
    I meant to post that Dougal question after the above..

Well the magnetic poles move/migrate around a few km`s every year, probably because of the internal movement of the liquid metal in the earths core compared to the surface, so maybe when reversal happened, if it happened, they kept moving until they were at opposite ends than where they are now. Thats one idea anyway.

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Im so damn happy I bought an acre of land on the moon last year. And people we're laughing at me!! Time to pack the bags and car just incase.

I was goin to do that but there is no bloody atmosphere in that place i heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

is there a pigeon racers forum?
    bet they are ****ting themselves. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭Kasabian

I wonder has this shift been caused by me moving my bed to the otherside of the room, very coincidental,I'll move it back and see if the alignment adjusts back.

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Well the magnetic poles move/migrate around a few km`s every year, probably because of the internal movement of the liquid metal in the earths core compared to the surface, so maybe when reversal happened, if it happened, they kept moving until they were at opposite ends than where they are now. Thats one idea anyway.

Ah thanks, Ted. :)

Ah thanks, Ted. :)

What was the question again:D

small. far away. small. far away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

amacca wrote: »
    If it does I bags human torch like powers

none of your ghey stretchiness or rock skin.

I dont trust that stretchy dude ever since he made that goatse pic.

limklad wrote: »
    If North becomes south....wake up! :pac:

small. far away. small. far away.

A pole shift ted, o right so, gotcha,,, so the story is your not a racist;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

All I can say is WHEW.

See, I figure the only thing that could kill us in 2012 was a dramatic polar shift. Like, in the course of days or hours, that would **** up our ionosphere and make us susceptible to solar flares, or simply **** up the way gravity functions if it happened very suddenly.

now im out of ideas. we're safe@!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Is it because of global warming?
    Did it occur to you that the oppossite might be true: that climate change is the result of polar shift? ;)

• Advertisement

Ah it could be worse, shure its not the end of the world.
    :p

Overheal wrote: »
    Did it occur to you that the oppossite might be true: that climate change is the result of polar shift? ;)

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 hugorudd

At any given point, declination will appear to the observer to be accelerating or decelerating, but that doesn't appear to be the case when evened out over a long period. It's not as if there's a bar magnet through the Earth which is swinging around; in fact, the south and north magnetic poles aren't antipodal; you can't draw a straight line through them and the Earth's centre. They move independently.

Since the use of compasses is a relatively (in geological terms) recent phenomenon, thinking that a change happening measurable with an instrument we use and rely on must equate to a catastrophe is embarrassingly anthropocentric.

Don't expect everything you've ever measured and rely on to remain the same. For instance, you do realise that water doesn't boil at 100 degs c all the time, right? If air pressure changes, so does boiling point.

Just because a compass swings a little every year doesn't change very much, we think. And don't go to Fox News for science coverage :)

Overheal wrote: »

Moving the polar weather to the equater will change the climate a bit. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Phlebas_D

We're doommed, Dooooooomed! (although probably not or whatever).

Also if a change in the magnetic field can kill birds and fish does that mean if I point a powerful magnet at a trout or a sparrow that it will spontaniously die? An explosion and a cloud of feathers would be pretty sweet.

(note the sarcasm please):D

Moving the polar weather to the equater will change the climate a bit. ;)

Yea but the north and south poles wont move to the equator unless the rotation axis is through the equator probably. Imagine that, when one pole is then away from the sun for months, imagine the frost at that pole then:eek:

Another useless fact, the earth actually spins 366 times in a year and 367 times in a leap year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

I'm a frigid. I've never got the shift!
    Stop mentioning your third testicle and ya might have a chance!

Advertisement