Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend a installation tester

Options
  • 08-01-2011 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

Hello im looking to get a installation tester rcd test ,loop imp. etc. any body have any recommendations. Looking at prices on radionics the cheapest is a iso-tech one, i have used fluke and megger in the past so maybe i should stick to these , any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

I prefer the fluke models myself, but I'd say once you get one that combines all testing functions required, it's only a matter of getting used to the one you choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

I prefer the fluke models myself, but I'd say once you get one that combines all testing functions required, it's only a matter of getting used to the one you choose.

yeah i like fluke they are probably the best but they can be pricey compared to say an iso-tech,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭richierichballs

I have a fluke tester there, I will sell for cheap.
    Too be honest I got it a few year ago from a company I was working for,
    Put it this way, They went bust and left me short two weeks wages and the tester was like a sweetner.

It's no use to me as I'm still an apprentice but I've been on a few jobs with different companies, I let them borrow it and they tested over 10 houses with it, With no problem.

It has all the leads and clips etc etc, still has the box and is in good condition, the company who owned name is writing on the box and actual device.

It doesn't turn on at the moment, I'm not sure whether it is the battery or whether it needs to calibrated,
    It turns on for a second then turns off.
    Hasn't been used in about two years, I've seen them being sold for 500euro plus, I would sell it, for 350 if your interested.
    I'm not sure of the model number but if your interested I can upload a pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

hang on to it seeing as you it for nought, moght be useful to you.

Don't sell for a song!!!!

By the way i can sing

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

richierichballs what area are you living.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrismES

maxfresh wrote: »
    Hello im looking to get a installation tester rcd test ,loop imp. etc. any body have any recommendations. Looking at prices on radionics the cheapest is a iso-tech one, i have used fluke and megger in the past so maybe i should stick to these , any advice.
    I find the Fluke 1653 to be very reliable and user friendly it also has RCD Auto test which runs through the full range of RCD tests while you stand at the RCD to Reset.
    If you are considering buying one don't go to Radionics you will pay way to much.

Advertisement