Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best broadband in Leixlip

• 08-01-2011 10:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭

How's it going?

With eircom at the moment and its gone ****e especially with the Zyxel modem, just now my line is dropping all the time. So what other broadband providers are there in Leixlip, I can't get UPC even though me mate has it down the road in a different estate. So who else is there???

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Try www.callcosts.ie

All the ADSL providers and some wireless ones (eg Digiweb Metro, Imagine Wimax).

What part do you live in? I thought the whole town was cabled for UPC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Davexirl

n97 mini wrote: »
    Try www.callcosts.ie

All the ADSL providers and some wireless ones (eg Digiweb Metro, Imagine Wimax).

What part do you live in? I thought the whole town was cabled for UPC.

Living in Oaklawn West, cant get upc broadband or phone. I contacted them to find out when will ut be available in the area and they said they have no plans at the moment.

I'll check out callcost.ie thanks but also looking for how people are finding certain providers in the area, vodafone sound terrible and want to find out more about imagine wi-max.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Davexirl wrote: »
    and want to find out more about imagine wi-max.

Don't waste your time. Imagine WiMax is not broadband in any sense of the word.

Check out either Magnet or Smart for DSL.

jor el wrote: »
    Check out either Magnet or Smart for DSL.
    Don't bother. Magnet only provide DSL, you still need to pay someone else (eg eircom) line rental and voice calls, and it works out very expensive. Smart is not in Leixlip, never was and never will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

n97 mini wrote: »
    Don't bother. Magnet only provide DSL, you still need to pay someone else (eg eircom) line rental and voice calls, and it works out very expensive.

100% wrong. You pay Magnet for the line rental, and they provide voice and Internet service on the line. They are cheaper than eircom. Smart LLU may not be available in Leixlip, but their bitstream service should be. Smart is owned by Digiweb now, so it's worth checking with them.

• Advertisement

100% wrong. You pay Magnet for the line rental, and they provide voice and Internet service on the line.
    Really? I live in Leixlip.
    Magnet would be able to provide you with a broadband service of a similar speed than that which you are currently receiving, however, would not be able to provide you with a phone service. As detailed above though, you would need to maintain a telephone line with Eircom
    Smart LLU may not be available in Leixlip, but their bitstream service should be. Smart is owned by Digiweb now, so it's worth checking with them.
    No Smart products are available in Leixlip. I spoke to them yesterday. As I origianlly said, Digiweb DSL (and others reselling eircom) are.

Advertisement