Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The R.A.G.E. update

• 08-01-2011 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I just wanted to let everyone know that The RAGE on Fade St. will be reopening within the next couple of weeks. I came in on Stephen's Day to grab an RGB cable for the N64 to bring to a party (modern TV's :( ) for a Goldeneye/Mario Kart session and was faced with a veritable waterfall occurring in the shop. Everything behind the counter including ALL of our consoles got absolutely soaked and the basement was flooded to the point where there was over 6 inches of water pooling. The feeling in my stomach at that particular moment was indescribable. After the constant running of heaters and dehumidifiers the shop is now dry, but there is a substantial amount of work that still needs to be done. During this forced interim I am literally working day & night to rebuild our console & games collection with the aim to make it better than ever.

Prior to the flood I think we had a very good thing going in the sense that we were probably one of the only shops in Dublin, irrespective of what we were selling, to offer competitive prices to Ebay or other online sites and the feedback from all of you was phenomenal. The last few months have been excellent in that I have gotten to meet so many people from so many different places who are as enthusiastic about video games as I am. I truly appreciate everyone's concern and support during this unfortunate episode. As soon as I know when we are reopening I will post on boards and we will continue to update via www.facebook.com/therage

See you soon,
    Nicholas DiMaio

p.s. If you or anybody you know has a spare console that they don't mind parting with, give us a shout!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Great news that your coming back, I think I've a spare N64 somewhere that you can have. Use it's worth wisely :rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Good news im also in the process of rebuilding the middle part of my collection and was planning a trip up to get a NES, Snes, Megadrive and maybe a N64 so keep me updated about when its open and stock levels.

Also need a new power cable for an Atari VCS, so that will be a good haul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Glad to hear things are getting all cleaned up and back on track :) I might have a PS1 for you if you need it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Great news to hear you're coming back. Took a trip up there during the week and feared the worst when I saw the shutters down.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nice to hear you'll be back, I think everyone here took it pretty hard when the store was closed due to the disaster.
    It is the years first good news story to hear of your intent to reopen.
    I urge everyone with doubles of consoles to perhaps donate them, to help the store overcome its stock crisis.
    I think I have a 2600 and Megaman2 here somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Great to hear you'll be back stronger than ever!

I'll be taking a trip up soon and i'll call in with lots of gold to spend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

I have a few doubles and I'd be happy to donate them, drop me a pm if you want and I can drop them into trout records when you're there.

I think its a Mega Drive and N64 with no leads or pads and 3 or 4 games

Advertisement