Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New contract with 2 months notice

Options
  • 08-01-2011 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi All.

I just got new contract with 2 months notice period in it. I'm not really happy with my work conditions and I'm thinking about looking for other job. I will be on probation for the next 3 months and the company will be able to terminate employment without any notice. Is this works the same with me? Could I quit without a notice or would I still need to give 2 months notice anyway? What if I'll be looking for new job? I don't want to be held 2 moths in this job, nobody would wait so long for new employee to start. I really don't know if I should sign this contract and I'm sure my employer will not agree to change it to 1 month notice period. Any ideas?

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

What does the contract say about the notice that you have to give? If it doesn't specify anything, then the statutory minimum notice has to be given, which is something like a week for employment under 2 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

If you're on probation you don't really need to give notice. As far as I'm concerned, probation works both ways!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

You do if the contract says 2 months notice and doesn't make any allowances for reduced notice period during probation.

Advertisement