Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vista startup repair help needed

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Torqay wrote: »
    The internal HDD is devided (probably 3, maybe 4 partitions on a Dell Computer with Vista), you're looking for the partition with a folder USERS, in there look for your user name and you'll find sub folders like documents, music, pictures, desktop, favorites, etc.

And here's a little guide How To Backup Files With Knoppix

I can indeed find these sub-folders but they have no content at all. I have copied these partitions onto a 1.5tb hd and attempted to explore them then using my netbook but they aren't appearling as folders at all :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

As what do they appear then???

Torqay wrote: »
    As what do they appear then???

Finally located files in question, backing up as we speak, wlll connect ext hd to netbook to makre sure I have everything I need before rebooting Dell laptop !!

Thanks very very much for your patience and assitance here, if I could buy you a pint/coffee I would ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

You're more than welcome.

Now that you have finally mastered Knoppix, maybe you want to abandon Vista altogether and install a nice Linux distro on your laptop instead? :D

Finally all sorted today, not because it took that long, just didn't get the chance with busy w/end/work and kids.

Thanks again for your help ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement