Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pc to TV Wireless

Options
  • 08-01-2011 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Currrently I watch videos on my 40' TV by bringing a usb stick/HD from the PC to ny WD mini mefia player.

It would be nice to be able to access my PC's files wirelessly from my TV (in another room)
    and control browse/play/stop etc from the TV room. In fact to be able to access all the PCs in the house (we have 5, 6 if you count a netbook too :)).

Dlink have a range of Digital Streaming Media Units (eg DSM-320 Wireless Media Player) that seem to be able to give this facility.

Western Digital have a super version of their media player that seem to also provide that facility.

(Western Digital WD TV Live Plus HD Media Player ). I noticed in their manual a caveat about the quality of wirelessly streaming video.

Question: Has anybody experience of trying to do this and how successful has it been ?

Is there another way ?

A.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Murilloinf

if you have an x-box the whole home media thing works pretty well in our house..
    any of the x-box can stream content of any of the 4 laptops..

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Anchises

I've got 4 PCs with XP , 1 PC with Ubuntu 10.04
    and the Netbook is a triple boot XP, Ubuntu , and Apple OSX

No Xbox available :(

I realise my wireless modem 9BT Voyager 2110 is 802.11b/g compliant.
    Would I need an 802.11N for quality streaming ?

Spotted this at Komplett :

AC-Ryan Playon!HD Network Mediaplayer

Seems to be the spec ?

A.

A.

Advertisement