Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WIDOWERS PENSION DECREASE?

• 08-01-2011 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Has the widowers pension gone down?

31.12.10 Mine was 201.50.
    07.01.11 it is 193.50

I thought pensions were not being touched..

Who would I see about this please?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Cath_10

Hello, Yes widows pension is reduced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Everything except the old age pension was reduced by roughly 4 percent.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

Thanks Cath for your quick response. Bet theres much more to come. They say we are where we are, but theres big boats and small boats, and mine is a small boat. Good luck to you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

unfortunately widows pensions only remained unchanged if you are over 66.if you are in a position to, or lucky enough to be able to find, even a part time job, you can work away and your windows pension will remain unnaffected. that is based on a presumption on my behalf that you are receiving a contributory pension, based on the amount you are receiving. contributory widow/ers get more than non-contributory, and any extra income would be means tested in the case of non-contributory. non-con widows are reduced to 188euro

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Cath_10

Thank you for rely,I am aware of that,was working partime up to few months ago,was made redundant.

• Advertisement
Advertisement