Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OS X and Android (HTC Desire HD)

• 08-01-2011 1:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

long story short I have upgrade options on my mobile contract and get get a desire hd for next to nothing so going to take it.

just wondering how well these sync with address book/iCal etc. or it more of a thing that i have to push address/iCal to the google cloud?

anyone that has a android based phone on os x how does it fair up to the iphone in terms of syncing etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

I dont know how it syncs with address book and ical but I have no problems as I use google services.

I used all those before I got my G1 and lucky I did its so much better and easier once you do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

You can copy from Address Book and iCal to Google. I believe these can sync with the aforementioned programs anyways.

The iPhone is certainly easier to set up, but Android has free OTA syncing, where you have to pay for MobileMe with the iPhone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Matt Bauer

chrislad wrote: »
    You can copy from Address Book and iCal to Google. I believe these can sync with the aforementioned programs anyways.

The iPhone is certainly easier to set up, but Android has free OTA syncing, where you have to pay for MobileMe with the iPhone.

That used to be true, but is not anymore, thanks to Apple adding full Exchange support with over the air synching and push to the iPhone. Google offers it for free for the iPhone here:

http://www.google.com/mobile/sync/

There's no need to pay for MobileMe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

There's a Mac app called Missing Sync that'll sync pretty much everything from your Mac to your Android phone. I use it for iTunes sync and it works pretty well. It's pretty expensive though and a bit clunky. Google cloud sync is much more elegant and it's free :)

Advertisement