Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nes Problem

• 08-01-2011 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Hi

I dug out one of my NES this morning for a quick go. I managed to manually tune it in to my HD tv but when I found the picture all the picture did flashed on then off continually . I am guessing the problem is with the nes as I can tune other retro consoles ( including other nes) on no problem

Any ideas??

By the way the NES is the european version if this makes any difference??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Probably a dirty 72-pin connector. Easy enough and cheap enough to replace or there's also plenty of fixes on youtube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Had the same issue, the above video fixed it perfectly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,389 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

A quick fix while you're waiting to sort out the 72 pin connector is to press the left size of the cart in while it's on. I did this for years and years and it always worked for me.

Also, this is a prime example of why you shouldn't leave carts in consoles for long periods of time. The NES is particularly bad as you can very easily leave a cart in it accidentally without even knowing. At least with most other consoles you can see them sticking out the top.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Flashy, lighty, grey screened Nes,
    How you taunt me so,
    with the promise of Mario, before the screen doth vanish..
    Before coming back, and vanishing once again...
    Teasing me, judging me
    "this is the game you would be playing if the little pixies of the NES deemed you worthy"
    Bastards!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Warren3 wrote: »
    Hi

I dug out one of my NES this morning for a quick go. I managed to manually tune it in to my HD tv but when I found the picture all the picture did flashed on then off continually . I am guessing the problem is with the nes as I can tune other retro consoles ( including other nes) on no problem

Any ideas??

By the way the NES is the european version if this makes any difference??

This can also be a wrong region game i think, was happening to me too when i had a us mario before i region freed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

keithgeo wrote: »
    This can also be a wrong region game i think, was happening to me too when i had a us mario before i region freed it.

This could well be the issue. I think it is a german nes . I was trying to play Gauntlet 2 and the loading screen was completely different to how it normally is

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Theres a guide on here somewhere on how to make the nes region free, its not too difficult, i managed to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

This video will tell you how to region mod your NES

Advertisement