Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swim, Bike, Run....if only it was that simple!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭El Director

Well after 3 weeks of rest, recovery, time spent with family and friends...I'm getting back to it. No 3 month break this time around :rolleyes:

I have decided to continue this log until the end of the year until I know my goals and objectives for 2012. There is a big change though, I no longer call the shots, the biggest realisation for me this season was that a coach would help me greatly. Now just to get used to not planning and just relax and enjoy training.

In the 3 weeks I have done a bit of a cycle, 3 runs and no swimming. Happy to report I only gained 1.5kg and I'm currently reading 'Racing Weight' and feel I am definitely getting on top of that side of things.

Goals between now and christmas? A new 10km PB is definitely something I want, it needs updating (44:xx). There may be a 5km attempt too or a XC race or two. Not planning anything define yet except the 10k which I think is in the Park on Nov 19th, just need to find out for sure.

So Monday morning it all starts again, the first steps of my 5 year plan (revealed in my new log;))

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Is that the Movember run on the 19th? Was meant to do that last year myself - more for the charity than for the race. Must keep that on my radar.

Is that the Movember run on the 19th? Was meant to do that last year myself - more for the charity than for the race. Must keep that on my radar.

Ya that's the one alright RQ. Not really aware of any other at that time of year. The Donore jingle bells is a 5k in Dec. All weather depending of course.

Mon Morn 3rd Oct

Plan Club Swim Session
    Actual Club Swim Session

5:25am alarm goes off..I feel like ignoring it but I don't. In the water by 5:50am and the 2012 pre-season starts in earnest. I haven't touched water in over 3 weeks but funny enough it feels good, I didn't feel like a fish out of water in the water :confused: A nice session with some good feedback, must work more on getting a feel for the water with 'softer hands'. Main set was 30 x 50m off 1:15 coming in on 52-54 sec. Good to be back at it :)

Time 1:20
    Dist 2600m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Ah sure i have only 10secs per 50 to catch up with you:) Good to be back at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

That's some solid swimming for the first dip in three weeks. Tentatively getting back in the water this eve for the first time since Kenmare after 2 weeks of drinking. Hoping Interested takes it easy on us!!! Certainly dont fancy 2.5k

Mon Eve 3rd Oct

Plan 30 min easy run
    Actual 31 min easy run

Didn't really enjoy this, legs feeling heavy, I know this will probably pass by my 2nd and 3rd run of the week. I must say though it is good to be logging sessions again. A good start to my 3 weeks prep.

Time 31 min
    Dist 6.66km
    Pace 4.45/km

Plan Weakness and rolling
    Actual Weakness and rolling

So my weaknesses are my achilles, calfs and hip-flexors, so got to work on them this evening and as much as possible I will be working on them every day. Finished of with some rolling.

Time 20min

Tues Morn 4th Oct

Plan Weakness/Core/Rolling
    Actual Weakness/Core/Rolling

A nice session to start the day :)

Time 55min

Forgot to mention yesterday that Monday's at 18:00 is my official weekly weigh in. I will record this one but I will probably do daily/bi-daily weighs. I will be aiming for under 75kg and under 9% BF for my A races next year, a long way off yet though.

Weight Watch

Weight 80.2kg
    BF 13.6%

Tues Eve 4th Oct

Plan 60min easy spin on the bike
    Actual 45 min easy spin on the bike

I could have done this outside but I decided to get the turbo out.
    Due to the first set up of the turbo for the winter I spent a time getting it all set up correctly. For the first time ever I got to calib it to 0! I now finally feel I know exactly what to do when calibrating the trainer, I was never confident of doing this before and it always bugged me - so a sense satisfaction. This was the reason I only got 45 min in, worth it though imo. I had somewhere to be at 6pm so had to cut it short. I wasn't really 'feeling' it on the turbo and usually I like my turbo sessions, actually look forward to them. Then after 25 min of spinning, I was back - it felt good again :) Watch the last episode of True Blood season 2. I actually have a terabyte multimedia box (b'day pressie) now and it is full of complete TV shows and movies - 500 hours of viewing, happy days :)

Time 0:45 HR 121; CAD 94; DIST 20.1; WATT 188:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,113 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Plenty of turbo'ing for you then this winter with that media HDD!

• Advertisement

Bambaata wrote: »
    Plenty of turbo'ing for you then this winter with that media HDD!

Plenty of turbo'ing in any case :D

Weds Morn 5th Oct

Plan NAC LC Coach Pre-scribed Swim
    Actual NAC LC Coach Pre-scribed Swim

My first swim set from my coach. A nice session, enjoyed it. Some sculling to help me get a better 'feel' for the water, some kicking and some....fisting...ahem :o Actually the fist drill showed me the importance of a good catch. The swim sets:

4x 50 des - 55, 51, 48, 47;
    3x 100 steady - 1:48 Stroke Count(Sk) 27, 1:50 Sk 27; 1:52 Sk 23.

Time 1:05
    Dist 2,200m

Strange in the NAC this morning, usually full of tri heads, only one other there this morning and the swim squads of course.

Weds Eve 5th Oct

Plan 45 min easy with 5x 30 sec Build/30 sec recovery
    Actually 45 min easy with 5x 30 sec Build/30 sec recovery

Felt better today, my right achilles was sore but nothing serious, I think I have a few "creaks" after effectively 6/7 weeks of no running and my body is just working them out.

Pace 4:48/km; HR Ave/Max 151/175;

Time 45:33
    Dist 9.5km

I must say I'm loving the early mornings again and the routine. As I said before, since mid summer I have been wishing winter upon me because I knew what I wanted* now and I was eager to getting working on it....and now I am, the first steps :)

*To be revealed in my new log ;)

I then did 20 min on my weaknesses (calfs/hammers/hips)

Time 20 min

Thurs Morn 6th Oct

Feels good to be back doing some core work.

Time 60min

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Plan Weakness :confused:/Core/Rolling

Hey El D, have you taken on a Coach? If so, how did you decide?

Hey El D, have you taken on a Coach? If so, how did you decide?

I have shotgun. Every time I did a reflection piece like after an A race and the end of season summary I kept finding myself saying "if I had a coach that wouldn't have happened...." I then just put it right out of my head because I thought that there is just no way I could afford it but after more thinking and research it actually seemed like the best way to get bang for your buck. Probably the most cost efficient way to improve, I hope anyway.

So I did the usual searching on the web and then asking around, e mailing, tweeting, fabebooking people I have never even met! I got good help and advice and then I made a decision and just went with it. I don't want to go into specifics here as I know he (the coach) isn't looking to take on anymore but thats basically how I've found myself being a coached athlete for next season :)

The 'weakness' thing is just work on a limiter of mine, namely, my calfs, hamstrings, achilles and hip flexors.

Thurs Afternoon 6th Oct

Plan 45 min turbo with BG work
    Actual 45 min turbo with BG work

The BG, first time I've ever done it, went well. I put it in the biggest gear I could and then ramped up the slope to +7 and kept the cad between 50 - 55. Overall I enjoyed the tough workout. Apart from the BG gear set the slope was set to +1. I calibrated the flow again, as I will before EVERY session this season, and made sure the tyre was the same pressure. I was actually still at 0, happy days.

HR 126/158; CAD 72/136; WATT 207/605; SPEED 26.7/68.8:

Time 45 min
    Dist 19.4km

Fri Morn 7th Oct

Plan Club Swim Session
    Actual Club Swim Session

I am usually in a lane on my own but just as I finished up with the club during the summer the coach moved me into a lane with others as he thought I was up to speed. So thats what he did for the main set of 400's (x5), he commented it took me until the second set to find my confidence but he could see me growing with confidence as it went on and therefore I upped my pace and it looked good. But the aim he said is to be really in the next fastest lane so thats the motivation. I came in on ave 7:10-7:15. I must say though - I was spared as it's my first week back. The rest had 20 sec of vertical kick after 200m for 20 sec :o From what I remember it's good for the hip-flexors and that's something I need to/am currently working on.

Time 1:15
    Bold 2,800m

Good session El D the BG work certainly gets you sweating:)

Sat Morn 8th Oct

Plan 2.5hr easy bike
    Actuall 2:26 (too) easy bike

Something tells me that this was a little too easy for an "Easy" ride? Met with Eddie and Fran for the spin. Kept in the granny gear for about 85% of the time, concentrating on nice circular strokes. Easy as it was the legs did feel heavyish by the end. Consumed about 1200ml of High 5 Zero, no gels or bars. Enjoyable spin and nice to catch up with the lads.

HR 116/154; CAD 85; SPEED 26.3/km/hr

Time 2:26
    Dist 64km

Plan Weakness/Rolling
    Actual Weakness/Rollin

Time 20min

Sun Morn 9th Oct

Plan 1hr Easy Run
    Actual 59:12hr Easy Run

Forgot the bloody HR strap! Headed down to meet two mates at the club house, nice evening and my most enjoyable run of the week despite the beers last night at a mates b'day party . We picked up the pace a little in the second half but I was still able to converse, at a guess HR was 155.

Pace 4:37/km

Time 59:12
    Dist 12.8km

Prep Week 1 Summary

03 Oct-09 Oct|# sessions|Time hh:mm|Distance kms
    Total|14|12:47|139.78
    Swimming|3|03:40|7.6
    Cycling|3|03:56|103.22
    Running|3|02:16|28.96
    Strenth/Core|5|02:55|N/A

Weight Watch

This Week Mon 3rd 80.2kg

Missed Sessions Watch

This Week 0/14
    Altogether This Block 0
    Overall 0

Never had such a good start to prep :) I know for a fact if I was on my own (still self-coached) I would have missed at least 3 sessions, most likely swims. Motivation is up and looking forward to the rest of the winter. Delighted that I seem to have picked up the swimming from were I left off.

Prep Week 2
    Mon Morn 10th Oct

Plan Club Swim Session
    Actual Club Swim Session

The main set here was: 4x 50sw off 1, 3x 100sw off 2, 2x 200sw off 4 - aim was to do the 50's in 50sec and keep that pace for the 100's and 200's which I did. Then do it all again this time do the 50's in 48sec and hold this for the others, I held it for the first 100 but not the 2nd and 3rd or the 200's. I was put in a lane with the others again which helped.

Time 1:25
    Dist 3,200m

Moen Eve 11th Oct

Plan 30 min Easy Run
    Actual 29:54 Easy Run

Horrible wet windy night but, once again, kinda enjoyed the run. The right achilles still niggling me. Train barriers coming down stopped me for 3/4 min.

Pace 04:35/km; HR 146/166

Time 29:54
    Dist 6.53km

Tues Morn 11th Oct

Time 1:00

Tues Eve 11th Oct

Plan 60 min spin, keeping CAD over 90
    Actual 60 min spin, keeping CAD over 90

HR 117; CAD 94; WATT 189. A good session, forgot how tough 60 mins of just spinning can be with no freewheeling etc... Probably as good as Saturdays spin really :) Onto Rescue Me Season 5 now.

Time 60 min
    Dist 27.4km

• Advertisement

Weds Morn 12th Oct

Plan NAC LC Swim Session
    Actual NAC LC Swim Session

A mix of drills, fast 50's and steady 100's. 100's steady coming in on ave 1:50. The 50's fast were between 40 and 45. A couple more tri heads this morning, people are beginning again.

Time 55min
    Dist 2000m

Weds Eve 12th Oct

Plan 45 min easy with 5x 20s fast/40s easy
    Actual 45:13 easy with 5x 20s fast/40s easy

Came home from work this evening and really had no get up and go. I was wrecked tried from a poor night sleep. Hada 20 min power nap, got togged out and reluctantly went out the door. Took me a while to get going, after 25 min really which was after the 5 pick ups. A really nice evening too and the achilles wasn't as bad as Monday.

Pace 4:40/km; HR 149/178

Dist 9.7k
    Time 45:13

Thurs Morn 13th Oct

Some core work and working on my weaknesses.

Time 25min

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Birthday's galore in your house these days!

Some rock solid consistency there dude! Nice one :cool:

Thurs Eve 13th Oct

Plan 50 min BG Turbo
    Actual 50 min BG Turbo

I like grinding out the big gear reps, kept it in the biggest gear and slope +7 and CAD 50-55, going to try slope +8 next time. It's not all BG stuff though, loving the 10sec sprint stuff too!

HR 127/163 (BG HR 145/139/140/140); CAD 74/156; WATT 190/651

Time 50 min
    Dist 19km

Fri Morn 14th Oct

Plan Club Swim Session
    Actual Club Swim Session

The main set was 7x 200sw off 3:30 with pull and paddles, this was touch and go stuff, then 10x 50 kick sprint off 1:30, coming in on ave 57s-61s. There was some single arm stuff too with 7 on my weak side and 4 on my strong. Then we spent 13min at the end practicing tumble turns (first time) in order to get me into a faster lane, coach knows it won't help me directly in OW but it should help me overall. The plan is to keep practicing it in my WU and CD-no point in wrecking the main sets.

Time 1:25
    Dist 3,300m

Fri Afternoon 16th Oct

Plan 20 min Easy Run
    Actual 20 min Easy Run

Nice easy run, no achilles problem to report today

HR 134; Pace 04:45/km

Dist 4.17km
    Time 19:51

Sat 15th Oct

Plan 2.5km Easy Spin
    Actual Nothing

It was my first trip home of the winter and just like my first race of the season I was rusty when it came to packing all my gear up and putting it into the car. I forgot my gloves, buff, shoe covers...no biggie I'll manage...but not without my cycling shoes :mad: So annoyed with myself. I couldn't risk biking without them with the way my calfs are, I'd not be able to run for days after. So after a quick text to Coach an easy 45 min run was pre-scribed. I should have gone straight out the door and did it, but I didn't. As the day went on I kept saying I'd do it later, I got very lazy and tired though and just didn't :mad: Ruined a 25 sessions in a row run. I am learning about myself all the time and I realise now that if I don't get up early in the morning and get out and about then it set in a lazy tone for the day. Anyway I've boxed it off now but I won't forget it. Coach said always, always start a session at least, unless sick or injured. If still not feeling it after 1/4 of it then bin it. "Missed sessions now, missed goals later" - I have a list of favourite quotes and I added a new one this weekend :)

Sunday 16th Oct

Plan 60 min Easy Run
    Actual 60 min Easy Run

After a great night sleep I got back at it today. I must say I love my runs at home (although all routes are hilly), the scenery is something else and it's so quiet too. I've put yesterday's no show behind me but it ain't forgotten. Down below you will see a new data field above, run cadence. I feel I need to try and match it or at least get it close to my bike cadence which is roughly 85rpm. I will just keep recording the data for a few weeks and note it.

HR 145/164; PACE 04:41/km; CAD 75.7rpm

Dist 12.88
    Time 01:00:22

Prep Week 2 Summary

10 Oct-16 Oct|# sessions|Time hh:mm|Distance kms
    Total|15|09:54:58|88.17
    Swimming|3|03:45|8.5
    Cycling|2|01:50|46.4
    Running|4|02:35|33.27
    Strenth/Core|3|01:45|N/A

Weight Watch

Last Week 80.2kg
    This Week 79.9kg

Missed Sessions Watch

This Week 3/14
    Altogether This Block 3
    Overall 3

I missed two weakness/rolling sessions as well this week, if I am going to take this sessions seriously I HAVE to include them here for everybody to see when I am missing them - accountability. Despite missing probably the most important session of the week it was a descent week, it's still prep so I shouldn't be too hard on myself. To bed now and Prep week 3 starts at 5:30 in the pool ;)

Mon Morn 17th Oct

Plan Club Swim Session
    Actual Club Swim Session

There was a fair bit of variety in this mornings session. Kick, pull, paddles, breast stroke. The main thing was 4 x 400 for time with active recovery. Don't know how the coach keeps a straight face while I'm breast stroking.

400's:

1) 7:00
    2) 6:51
    3) 6:50
    4) 7:01

Time 1:30
    Dist 3,750m

Right call not trying to cycle in the runners given the calf problems you have. I know mine were a little tender the day after i headed out without the shoes as you are constantly on the balls of your feet.

• Advertisement

Right call not trying to cycle in the runners given the calf problems you have. I know mine were a little tender the day after i headed out without the shoes as you are constantly on the balls of your feet.

Ya Thanks JB, I was so annoyed, silly forgetting gear.

Monday Eve 17th Oct

Plan 40 min Easy Run
    Actual 40 min Easy Run

The achilles problem kicked into play straight away today, I continued on anyway and although it's always there, more uncomfortable than anything, still itmust be effecting me. Apart from that running is going quite well, 154 is Z2 stuff for me, probably need to see a phsyio but cash is fxxxing tight. I feel I'd be told to stay off the running for two weeks and do the weakness exercises that I'm doing. I'll make a call on it next Sunday after my LER.

HR 154/167; PACE 04:29/km; CAD 81rpm

Dist 9.12
    Total 41:15

Tues Morn 18th Oct

Time 55min

Tues Eve 18th Oct

Plan BG Turbo Session
    Actual BG Turbo Session

As I said after the last BG session I popped the slope up one to +8, kept cadence between 50 and 55, HR higher for that work due to the extra resistance. Loving these sessions, great bang for you buck.

HR 134/163 (BG HR 152/150/147); CAD 75/141; WATT 206/571;

Time 48 min
    Dist 21.3km

Weds Morn 19th Oct

Plan Coach prescribed session NAC LC
    Actual Coach prescribed session NAC LC

A mix of drills, fast 50's and stead buoy + band work.The 50's fast came in on 45, 45, 46. This drill really shows me the importance of a good catch phase. The B + B was mad! A great strength drill and hammers home the importance of a streamlined position. Basically you tie your ankles together with a simple inner tube and a pull buoy between the legs. The legs where dragging and I was trying to over power that with my arms. I engaged my core more to stop the "snaking".

Time 55min
    Dist 2,000m

Weds Eve 19th Oct

Plan 30 min easy run with 5x 30s build/30s rec
    Actual 30 min easy run with 5x 30s build/30s rec

Achilles fine today, I reintroduced my compression socks to my run and even doubled it with calf guards so this really helped. I'll do this for all runs going forward while I build my calf muscles up. I hope this means I can up the running volume very soon. As I said earlier this week I will make a call on Sunday re physio.

HR 146/172; PACE 4:34/km; CAD 81spm

Dist 6.9km
    Time 31:30

Thurs Morn 20th Oct

Plan Core/Weakness/Rolling
    Actual Core/Weakness/Rolling

Time 55 min

• Advertisement

Thurs Eve 20th Oct

Plan 60 min easy spinning rpm >90
    Actually 60 min easy spinning rpm >90

Spinning away - felt easier this week, didn't feel as long.

HR 116/135; CAD 92; WATT 180

Time 60 min
    Dist 26.1km

Fri Morn 21th Oct

Plan Club Swim Session
    Actual Club Swim Session

A lot of kicking in this mornings session, I am keeping up the the young folk on these which does confidence good. The main set was 800 x4 with paddles+pull as in 800sw, 600sw+200bc,400sw+400bc,600sw+200bc. As my bc is pure cack I just did sw for the 3rd and 4th set (only got 600 done on as I had to get out) Felt great though doing these 800's. My longest session ever :)

Dist 4,400m :)
    Time 1:40

Are you sure you are not doing an IM this year:rolleyes: thats a big old swim session right there, well done

Are you sure you are not doing an IM this year:rolleyes: thats a big old swim session right there, well done

Massive massive session. Puts my 9k in 4 sessions this week to shame....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

All will be revealed in the new log ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

+1 my longest swim for the whole of the last IM programme was a 4.2k set. Whats the story El D?!

Well guys. Nothing gives, nothing to be read into here at all:) I am really enjoying swimming at the moment and I can get out of the pool whenever I want but I just kept going this morning as I kinda enjoy paddle/pull work, probably because I get to swim fast :D I don't think there's any harm in the 10,000m swim week and if there is I'll be told to rein it back a bit ;) as I said I can get out whenever I want, but right now...just really enjoying the water stuff right now :)

Fri Evening 21st Oct

Plan/B] 40 min with 5 min build and 5x1min mod/hard
    Actual 40 min with 5 min build and 5x1min mod/hard

Due to my lunch, a nice salad but a little too much olive oil + Udo's oil. However once I got going - no sign of achilles thank god, compress gear working a treat! I decided to using my zones from during the summer and create the workout in Garmin Connect. Love this new feature - it was crap in Garmin Training centre. Anyway decided to set the steady for zone 3 and lower zone 4 for the mod/hard. My first of this type of session in a while and I really enjoyed it.

http://connect.garmin.com/splits/123278273#

Time 40:14
    Dist 8.5km

Sat 22nd Oct

Plan 2.5hrs Easy Spin but working the hills
    Actual 2.5hrs Easy Spin but working the hills

A day from hell out there! I kept waiting to see if it would clear but it was getting worse and worse! So at 2pm I set off....and had a great time in the saddle. I must start bringing home my trainer just to have as an option (if it even is an option...email to coach to clarify :))

I miss judged the loop hence the extra 17min. Easy spin but working hard on the hills. Sometimes in the saddle keeping a big gear sometimes out of the saddle. I noted that as the spin went on my right achilles got sore but it only affected me when out of the saddle and when I put my body weight on it. So I will just have to be careful for a while, stronger hammers and in particular calfs would definitely make a difference. I hope by April and working on the calfs/hammers that this problem will be a thing of the past. The sun actually made an appearance for the last 50 mins or so :)

I used 750ml of high5 zero and 100ml water, one Kinetica gel. A big well done to Kinetica for producing lovely tasting gels, they are incredible!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/123465406

Time 2:47
    Dist 75.5km

HR 125/160; SPEED 27.2/49.3/km; CAD 79

Sun 23rd Oct

Plan Easy 1:15 Run
    Actually Easy 1:15 Run

Met with a mate from home, he has a date with destiny next Monday - his first marathon and attempting 3:10. After yesterdays heroics :rolleyes: achilles was sore after, also I ate crap late last night :( So feeling sluggish and a bit sore I started off very easy. After 45 min I felt better and finished stronger. With no bike or run tomorrow that should give me enough for the achilles to recover. I now know how to manage this niggle until I strengthen calfs/hamstrings.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/123637444

HR 136/156; PACE 4:56/KM; CAD 79

Time 1:15
    Dist 15:28km

Prep Week 3 Summary

17 Oct-23 Oct|# sessions|Time hh:mm|Distance kms
    Total|15|14:38:51|173.03
    Swimming|3|04:05|10.15
    Cycling|3|04:35|122.89
    Running|4|03:08|39.99
    Strenth/Core|5|02:50|N/A

Weight Watch I am moving this to a Monday weigh in at 18:00 - 18:30. I also feel I need to tighten up a bit. It's too early to be trying to hit my peak performance weight which will be less than 75kg - by how much, I won't know until I hit it. However I do feel I need a target/aim so I am going to aim to be less than 78kg by end of Nov and keep it there then until the Spring. So this week I will try to document my DQS.

Last Week 79.9kg
    This Week

Missed Sessions Watch

This Week 0/15
    Altogether This Block 3
    Overall 3

Here is a chart tracking my aerobic progress. It's a simple output/input ratio, basically speed(not pace) divided by ave heart rate over my long easy runs. This dates back to July 12th, interesting to note that I am now aerobically fitter now than I was then. A general upward trend is what you want to see here over the base period.

picture.php?albumid=1633&pictureid=10949

So that's the end of the 3 week prep phase but coach has decided it would be better to extend by one more week of it. Thats cool, probably for the best, hopefully I will be more confident on the achilles this day week, I actually am already a bit more confident with it. I am delighted with the consistency. 15 out of 15 morning sessions made, missing no swimming sessions and 2 out of the 3 missed were weakness and rolling session. This is what I wanted, what I strive for.

Good work chief.

Mon Morn 24th Oct

Plan Club Swim Session
    Actual Club Swim Session

A kick session from hell! Part of the session was a kick game - two people holding a k board kicking against each other, good fun and 15sec of all out kicking for your life! Then it was 2x 200 as 50 fly k, 50bc k, 50brst k, 50fs k. Doing fly kick on your back is just horrible, plain and simple. I felt like I was water boarding myself! I know fly kick is good as it teaches you kicking from the hips but water boarding is no fun....ask the prisoners of guantanamo bay...or me.

Dist 1550
    Time 1:05

So my weekly weigh in

Last Week 79.9kg (12.1% BF)
    This Week 79.4kg (11.4% BF)

Weight Target: Less than 78 before the end of Nov
    BF Target: Less than 10% before the end of Nov

DQS Today 14

First time I have calculated this, 29 is the best score one can get and the higher the better.

Tracking My Weight Graphically

picture.php?albumid=1633&pictureid=10957

I didn't enter anything for the winter of 2010/spring 2011, believe me it was not a downward trend if I had. I just didn't make any entry during that time so the programme joined the dots, therefore my 89kg+ (Jan 2011) does not show up here :o

Part of the session was a kick game - two people holding a k board kicking against each other, good fun and 15sec of all out kicking for your life!

Interested had us doing this one at the end of last nights session. Good craic alright, and always nice to do something different every so often.

Keep up the good work El D.

Tues Eve 25th Oct

Plan Run Club Session
    Actual Run Club Session

Felt really good tonight, group split into two for the 800's, I was in the second group and to my surprise I was towards the top of it. Enjoyable session and it's always a good sign when you are enjoying your running (or whatever sport for that matter) imo.

WU 13.5 min

5x strides;

6x 840(ish)m with 90 sec recovery - Times 2:53/2:56/2:58/2:54/2:58/2:55;
    HR's 166/170/171/175/174/176;
    CAD 83-87 (except for my first one the fastest, which was 76rpm :confused:);

CD15min

Dist 11.6km
    Time 54 min

Todays DQS

Up ten points to 24 :) and I found it pretty easy!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Good work on the DQS - that's discipline. Took the book out again after reading about it in JB's log. I'd never make it to 29 with them docking points for full fat dairy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement