Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swim, Bike, Run....if only it was that simple!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭El Director

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Decided whether you are racing tomorrow? Hopefully see you there and we can try hang in together.

I decided not to KB only a couple of hours ago. I had planned my first hill session of the year with a mate of mine but he had been under the weather all week so I thought he might be out but he just text to say he's on for it so I'm going to stick to the plan. I want to do one before the club races start so next weekend or the following for sure. Good luck tomorrow man I bet you'll do very well.

Fri Eve 25th Mar

Plan Z2 LSR 18k - negative split
    Actual Z1 LSR 18.7k - negative split

O god how I hate this session. My legs must think I hate them after this week. Two tough turbos, two tough run sessions, monster kick sessions in the pool, squats and single leg ups - quads are actually crying, I swear I felt tears trickle down them :P

Why do I hate this session so much? Because I usually do it on Friday evening? Perhaps, especially after a weeks work and training. But I really have no choice, I would love to leave it until sunday but the last 4 weekends I have had 30's and other parties so I am useless on Sundays, same story this weekend too :rolleyes: Well after that I don't think I have anything so off the beer and LSR on Sun or Sat. When I am this wrecked is there even any point in the session? My form suffers and it does nothing for my confidence.

Anyway, the run itself-felt awful after 5k and thought I'd have to stop, thankfully I brought gels so I took one. I start out slower than normal as I wanted to make sure of a negative split. After 9k I was sure that would not happen. But I decided to throw in 8 100m pick ups, they were tough enough but on the 8th I said ok pick it up, ask questions and see what happens. Took another gel, picked up and all of a sudden went from 5:30/km to 4:26/km, and kept in up for the final 5k finishing strong even though the legs were sore. Just shows how powerful the mind can be. Wrecked now. Only one session left this week, and then two days off to give the legs a chance to recover and gain the benefits of the weeks training. That session is the start of 6 weeks of hill repeats on the bike.

Last summer I did a loop of: up the Kyber then to Chapelizod and up Knockmaroon Hill. This year I am also adding Somerton Lane, so 2 loops tomorrow, thats 6 hills building to 6/7 loops.

Todays run:

1st half (9.4km) 48:58; Pace 5:12/km
    2nd half (9.3k) 46:28; Pace 4:59/km

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Hey El D,
    Maybe if you swapped your runs around you might not hate it so much. Might be awkward given you attend club runs. If you could swap your long run and one of the other runs earlier in the week then you might start feeling the love for it. :D Do you ever throw in an easy recovery run?

The biggest risk of doing a long run on tired legs with bad form is obviously injury. Be careful. Trying to distribute your training more evenly may help. I know it's not always possible as you train with a swim squad and running club but you might be able to tweek it a little.

Great weather for training! :cool:

P.

pgibbo wrote: »
    Hey El D,
    Maybe if you swapped your runs around you might not hate it so much. Might be awkward given you attend club runs. If you could swap your long run and one of the other runs earlier in the week then you might start feeling the love for it. :D Do you ever throw in an easy recovery run?

The biggest risk of doing a long run on tired legs with bad form is obviously injury. Be careful. Trying to distribute your training more evenly may help. I know it's not always possible as you train with a swim squad and running club but you might be able to tweek it a little.

Great weather for training! :cool:

P.

Thanks P. Ya distributing the training more evenly would help for sure. TBH I don't like missing club run sessions as there are quality, come June I will have more scope to move things around. Also most weekends from now on I will be able to move it to Sunday which I won't mind so much.

Sat Morn 26th Mar

Plan 60k bike with 2 laps of hill work + 2.5k run off
    Actual 57k bike with 2 laps of hill work + 2.5k run off

Great session this morning, did a 15km warm up or so then tackled two laps of the loop I mentioned yesterday. My plan was: The Kyber-stay in big ring and biggish gear; Knockmaroon Hill-sit in saddle; Somerton Lane-a mix of standing and sitting. Next time I will include Rugged Lane instead of Somerton Lane. It was tough, nearly died on the first attemt of Somerton but was better second time around.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/75125127

The run was 30 sec faster than the same loop two weeks ago, felt good actually on the run.

Glad the week is over now and I am taking two days off completely and then only one session per day next week. 3 solid weeks work and no sign of injury/niggles :) Very happy with that :)

Bike Time 2:35:28; Dist 56.7km; Speed 22/45.6km/h; HR106/165
    Run Time 11:15; Dist 2.5km; Pace 4:22/km; HR 152/167

So next weekend I am going to include my first road race. So any ideas Nomadic, KB3??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭nomadic

So next weekend I am going to include my first road race. So any ideas Nomadic, KB3??
    Balbriggan either day.
    I've an MTB race myself so won't be racing road next weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

nomadic wrote: »
    Balbriggan either day.
    I've an MTB race myself so won't be racing road next weekend.
    yep there is racing in balbriggan sat or sunday. Jump in one of the A4 races , you ll be fine i almost found it too easy (and thus boring) but that was an easy course. Just see you dont mark your debut like i did!

• Advertisement

Thanks lads, I'm going to do the Sunday race. Undecided about which cat to go into but I will talk to the contact for the race. If I can I will jump into the 90km race if possible just for the distance for my own training purposes, sit in there and try and join in the fast stuff towards the end. Pity neither of you are doing this one.

Weekly Summary

21 Mar-27 Mar|# sessions|Time hh:mm|Distance kms
    Total|13|16:01:)|180.5
    Swimming|3|04:20|9 :)
    Cycling|3|04:35|123
    Running|5|04:46|48.5
    Strenth/Core|2|2:20|N/A

Weight Watch

Last Week 86kg
    This Week 86.6kg:(

Missed Sessions Watch

This Week 0:)
    Altogether This Block 0 :)
    Overall 11

My biggest week yet and toughest. The accumulation of 3 weeks solid training has left me feeling that I deserve an easy week, my legs have already thanked me :) Not that this was a planned easy week but listening to my body it has to be. Then a solid week next week followed by a medium/easy week before the training week in Gran Canaria.

Weight

Up to now I haven't been overly concerned by my weight (and it shows:() So now, I am. It has got to start going down. My planned race weight for my two A races is <80kg so I am still a bit away. I do have body fat that can be done without but I but perhaps it's the weight training that I am doing too. A move from strength training to bikram yoga in June should help.
    During the week my diet is clean enough although portions size are questionable. At the weekend my meals are less planned hence fast food and other crap! So now, I am determined to do better. A drop of 7/8kg would make a huge difference, it would allow me, at a very basic level, to run faster and there would be less impact on my body, therefore less chance of injury. Here goes.....

Tues Eve 29th Mar

Plan Liffey Valley Winter League 2 Mile Race
    Actual Liffey Valley Winter League 2 Mile Race

On the 26th of Jan I ran 12:36 for a 2 mile race in the Raheny Winter league, which was a PB as it was my first 2 mile race ever. So, obviously, I was going to beat that tonight, it was just a matter of by how much.

In my last club race I finished paddy last :D. It was a handicap race so there were plenty sent off before me and a good few behind me. I was sent off with a guy that I should be beating but he has put in a solid 8 months. He took off and a glance at my garmin told me the pace was 5:15/mile-too fast. I eased back and let him go ahead of me but not too far. By the end of the first lap (1 mile) I had him passed and kept going then passing others. Not sure how many I passed or passed me, not many anyway. Really did my best and just held off the fastest runner of the night on the line :) Conditions tonight were perfect, no wind, it is a flat course except for the last 300m which has to be done twice. First mile 5:51, second 5:56.

Dist 2 miles; Time 11:35; Pace 5:54/mile (3:40/km); HR 174/185;

Ridiculous situation I know but....I have another two mile race tomorrow night in Raheny, part of their winter league. this is a rest/easy week so I don't mind and I need this tempo stuff right now. I want to show some commitment to my own club too so I had to go tonight and I have 'competed' in the Raheny league this winter, 4 races done and only 2 left, 6 to score, so I'd like to finish it out. Can I PB twice in two days, doubt it as it is a slightly tougher course

We actually did a speed session after, 8 X 150m. I didn't get the splits on these but certainly went well-but they were tough.

Time 60 min
    Dist 11.5km

Weds Morn 30th Mar

Plan Club swim session
    Actual Nothing

Didn't sleep until 4am so no way was I getting up at 5:30. At 3:30 I was happy to leave the alarm on but then just said no. So first time in over 3 weeks I missed a session, although I won't be counting it as such as tomorrow morning was too be a sleep in, instead I will do this mornings intended session. Reason why I didn't sleep? Sometimes I find it hard to switch off after a high intesity run session/race.

Wed Eve 30 Mar

Plan Raheny Winter League 2 mile race
    Actual Raheny WL 2 mile race

Two 2 mile PB's on consecutive nights? No, as I had predicted, although I ran 3 sec per mile faster tonight. According to the garmin the 2 mile race last night was a little short and tonights a little long-but thats garmin! Anyway I shouldn't be comparing to last nights race, I should compare tonights race and the same race, same place 2 months ago.

Tonight
    Dist 2miles; Time 11:55; Pace 5:51/mile; HR 173/182

Jan 26th

Race Dist 2 miles; Time 12:36; HR Max/Ave 183/173; Ave Pace 6:14/mile

Found tonight tough going. First mile 5:37 but second 6:04. More passed me than usual but of course to be expected and I don't really care as these are training races, damn good ones at that. Hitting the running hard at the moment as I feel that is were I need to improve the most right now. I'm getting there as the numbers show :) Getting back to near were I was this time last year. Ordered my foam roller yesterday, really wish I had it tonight :rolleyes:

There is a 5km in Leixlip on May 7th, I PB'd there last year, so that will be a benchmark race for me. The hope is that I beat last years time and that would give me serious confidence.

Time 31 min
    Dist 7.5km

Thurs Morn 31st Mar

Plan NAC Swim Session
    Actual Nothing

Well, like shotgun mentioned yesterday, I just let this one go. It was late to bed last night (airport collection) so I decided to get the 3 hours extra sleep and I feel great noe this morning-it was needed. Sometimes when you miss a session you should just let it go and not chase. Much like losing a bet-let it go, don't chase ;)

• Advertisement

Thurs Eve 31st Mar

Plan Club Run Session
    Actual Club Run Session

On the menu tonight 200m X 16. Forgot my insoles this evening, "o no' I thought :( So no insoles, not even the ones that came with the shoes as I rip them out when I get them so as to fit my insoles in. Not a great idea when one has a history of achilles problems. Anyway, although it was uncomfortable, no harm seems to have been done. Here are the numbers:

1. 030
    2. 032
    3. 032
    4. 032
    5. 032
    6. 033
    7. 034
    8. 031
    9. 033
    10. 033
    11. 031
    12. 031
    13. 031
    14. 031
    15. 031
    16. 031

Not bad going tonight, consistent enough once I got going.

Time 1:15
    Dist 11km

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Nice pacing on the 200s

Fri Morn 1st April

Plan Club Swim Session
    Actual Club Swim Session

Felt very low on energy this morning. It was just about getting through it in the end, wasn't focused on anything in particular so my stroke was all over the place. session included 18 X 100m off 2 mins, it was funny on the 15th it was like I woke up and I started swimming properly, so 300m of quality swimming this morning :D

Turbo planned this evening but maybe some fresh air would do me good so if I can fit it in I will get out for it. Sleep this week has been crap so that will improve next week.

Time 1:25
    dist 3,150mts

Good stuff this week EL D, mind those achilles though - 3 speed sessions in 3 days - careful now.

Best of luck for sunday if i amn't talking to you before then. I ll be out watching tonights race and hope to get out sunday, but we ll see. Stay to the left and out of trouble. On that course it should break up a bit anyway but be careful in the last 5km when lads start taking chances.

Good stuff this week EL D, mind those achilles though - 3 speed sessions in 3 days - careful now.

Best of luck for sunday if i amn't talking to you before then. I ll be out watching tonights race and hope to get out sunday, but we ll see. Stay to the left and out of trouble. On that course it should break up a bit anyway but be careful in the last 5km when lads start taking chances.

Cheers dude and thanks for the advice. Going to borrow some Swords kit for this one, actually going to order kit this morning too. Really looking forward to it, not going to take any chances and if I'm there in the end I'll have a go. See you Sunday hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Best of luck in the race this weekend El D, keep your wits about you in the closing stages.

Good luck and enjoy. It's a whole different world! :)

Thanks lads. I won't be taking any chances, I'll just take it all in and enjoy it as it will be my first. Reading the reports from last nights race which seemed terrific altogether.

Fri Eve 1st April

Plan Turbo session 29
    Actual Nothing

Again, low on energy, interest and motivation. Deccided just to watch a DVD and chill. Glad I did, went to bed early then and hopefully today I will feel more like myself, I will soon know when I go for my 20k LSR.

I won't be taking any chances,

Yea right, wait until the adrenaline is flowing and your wondering why it is so easy. Woosh, before you know it your off the front giving it socks.

Enjoy it and give it socks!

nomadic wrote: »
    Yea right, wait until the adrenaline is flowing and your wondering why it is so easy. Woosh, before you know it your off the front giving it socks.

Enjoy it and give it socks!

Cheers man, and of course you're right, all of us here are the competitive type naturally and nature will always win out :)

Sat Afternoon 2nd April

Plan 20k LSR Negative Split Run
    Actual 20k LSR Negative Split Run

It was a lovely sunny day, although a little breezy so I brought a jacket with me....thank god! Exactly half way around the heavens opened and simultaneously the wind picked up speed. Hail stones blasted my face and legs. I was treated to a spectacular lightening show too :) Mad, just one of those all seasons in one day situation.

The run itself went well for once. Maybe it was the fact it was an easy week, maybe it was the fact that it wasn't on a Friday evening, I don't know but certainly I will try to keep the LSR at the weekend. For the first 10k I was constantly checking my pace and then I easily picked it up for the last 10. Don't get me wrong I still found it tough going and I really wish that I had my roller now, but it wasn't mentally as tough as it usually is. I hoped the rain would keep falling once it started as my cloths were drenched and I knew that once it stopped the the wind chill would get me. I actually enjoyed the run, when I told the GF this she just rolled her eyes to heaven :rolleyes:

First 10k 50:32; Pace 5:03/km; HR 132 (Z1)
    Second 10k 47:27; Pace 4:45/km; HR 151 (Z2-just)

Overall 20k 1:38:00; Pace 4:54/km; HR 141 (Z1)

So I will be sore for tomorrow's race but that's cool, the legs are getting used of it now. Nervous a little but very excited, just hope it is dry, I am a nervous rider in the wet. I will leave the ultra gator skin (my winter tyres) on as I really trust them.

• Advertisement

Ben McKenna Cup - Balbriggan CC, Sun April 3rd

Race Report

I think it was P Gibbo that said road racing is a different animal...how right he was. Give me 'out and back' any day :D Great experience today, lessons learned, good training physically and mentally.

My biggest mistake by far was doing a lap of the 28km circuit as a warm up :o It is a tough enough circuit which we were doing twice. I knew that I had made a big mistake when I saw nobody else out there doing the same. I did it for 2 reasons 1) I wanted to do a decent distance today, treating this as my long weekend spin 2) I wanted to see what I was in for. I then got worried that I would miss the start so I had to put in a fair effort in the last 4km which was mainly uphill (it seemed anyway :rolleyes:). I had 2/3 mins to get the jacket off get my race bottle and join the others. Just as I did they were rolling out, I got in at the back of the group and asked a guy if this was the A4 group, he informed me that it was the A3/A4's, I made it phewww :p

So it was handy enough for 5/6km until we got to the main road were the race actually started (I thought it already had :rolleyes:) Then bang we were off. I was feeling pretty good it must be said, never too far from the top of the group, comfortable I thought. Great being in such a big group, you don't even notice hills. Confidence was building. Then I hit a massive pothole and lost my only drink, 'great "I thought' still 42km or so to go :rolleyes: So this is how I was doing after 23.86km:
    Time 42:51; Speed 33.4/60km/h; HR 145

I suppose it was just after the first lap that I first felt the pace. We took a right down narrow country roads, with steep inclines and descents, both of which I am not the best at. I noticed a gap appearing and once we got on a slightly better road I worked very hard to bridge the gap. And I did, but it took a lot out of me. Could have done with 2/3mins spinning at the back but we were then hit with probably the courses toughest hills and I was then a gonner. This time I couldn't catch the guys in front, I was on my own from then on.

Once we were back on the main road again I was motoring. A group of 3 caught me after 6/7min of being on my own. I stuck we these for about 5km and I was so grateful for the lift :) Then we hit a small enough hill but it was one too many for me and I lost them. On my own again :( I plugged away, but I would have done anything for a drink. I started to get weak then and felt like getting sick. I was afraid to take my gel as it is pretty thick and needs something to wash it down, plus I thought I'd just throw it up again :rolleyes: (is this a record for rolleyes yet??:rolleyes:)

Anyway with about 8k to go a group of 4 caught me, I tried for about 30sec to keep on their wheels but I couldn't. Just wanted to be finished now. Anyway I decided to take the gel and glad I did as I instantly felt better. Rolled home then and was just glad it was over. Here was the last 27.57km:
    Time 56:20; Speed 29.4/59km/h; HR 153

Not sure were I finished, I wasn't last in the A4, I know 2 that were behind me but I think that was it. I will have to check the bike out after that pothole, funny noises coming from it. Here are the over all numbers;

Dist 1:39:12; Speed 31.1/60km/h; HR 149/173

I was chatting to a Pulse guy after, he had to pull out after breaking his cleat. We both agreed that it is tough going but will stand to us during the summer. As I always say, suffer now reap the rewards later :)

So plenty to think about, delighted I did it and looking forward to some club races now during the summer.

Total Time 2:51
    Total Dist 83.1km

Hi El D, saw you briefly at the start and end - i was going to say hi but you were chatting and then i had to rush off.

I wouldnt worry about where you came - loads would of abandoned (i seen a few) or got lapped, so dont be so hard on yourself. Fair play for finishing, that takes guts. You gave it your all based on how shattered you looked after the line. You reminded me of my first race up that hill when i was just so glad to see the line and it all be over. There is no pain like the pain doing a cycling race to your limits.

It was a very tough course and the A4 was well and truly broken to bits. Bit gutted i missed it but was enjoyable spectating from the top of the hill at the finish.

You ll learn loads from it and will stand to you. Holding wheels and going up hills at race speed is what its all about!

You're not going to like when i tell you that that's only the first third of that hill and the swords corduff race goes up to the top 3 times!! Great fun.

I'll see you at some of the races once i can sort my back out.

Hi El D, saw you briefly at the start and end - i was going to say hi but you were chatting and then i had to rush off.

I wouldnt worry about where you came - loads would of abandoned (i seen a few) or got lapped, so dont be so hard on yourself. Fair play for finishing, that takes guts. You gave it your all based on how shattered you looked after the line. You reminded me of my first race up that hill when i was just so glad to see the line and it all be over. There is no pain like the pain doing a cycling race to your limits.

It was a very tough course and the A4 was well and truly broken to bits. Bit gutted i missed it but was enjoyable spectating from the top of the hill at the finish.

You ll learn loads from it and will stand to you. Holding wheels and going up hills at race speed is what its all about!

You're not going to like when i tell you that that's only the first third of that hill and the swords corduff race goes up to the top 3 times!! Great fun.

I'll see you at some of the races once i can sort my back out.

Cheers dude. Ya tis a pity you missed it, you would have done very well I'm guessing, you like the hilly courses. I thought there were more behind me alright, a lot more, so I was surprised not to see more riders in after me. I'm actually pretty content, I did my best on the day and I can certainly live with that.

In hindsight, on a course like that I think you are better off near the front and hopping on the break. It was always going to happen were it did thinking back. If you went with the group then you would have been dragged up any hill there was, well for most of the second lap. I did have the chance to join the front just before the end of lap one but I decided not too, thought I was being smart waiting-being patient.

Think I will be avoiding that particular club race too ;)

On all courses the closer you are to the front the better for 2 reasons - you dont miss breaks or splits (like today) and there is less accordian effect meaning you dont have to sprint and chase out of corners as much (you ll see that more on flatter courses).

Will you do more of these A4's?There seemed to be plenty of swords A4's out today, be good if we could start doing something together in races

On all courses the closer you are to the front the better for 2 reasons - you dont miss breaks or splits (like today) and there is less accordian effect meaning you dont have to sprint and chase out of corners as much (you ll see that more on flatter courses).

Will you do more of these A4's?There seemed to be plenty of swords A4's out today, be good if we could start doing something together in races

Much as I liked it, I just wouldn't be able to fit them in. I will do as many league races as I can as they are on Weds night but tri has to be the priority. Maybe next year who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

Ben McKenna Cup - Balbriggan CC, Sun April 3rd

Race Report

I think it was P Gibbo that said road racing is a different animal...how right he was. Give me 'out and back' any day :D Great experience today, lessons learned, good training physically and mentally.

My biggest mistake by far was doing a lap of the 28km circuit as a warm up :o It is a tough enough circuit which we were doing twice. I knew that I had made a big mistake when I saw nobody else out there doing the same. I did it for 2 reasons 1) I wanted to do a decent distance today, treating this as my long weekend spin 2) I wanted to see what I was in for. I then got worried that I would miss the start so I had to put in a fair effort in the last 4km which was mainly uphill (it seemed anyway :rolleyes:). I had 2/3 mins to get the jacket off get my race bottle and join the others. Just as I did they were rolling out, I got in at the back of the group and asked a guy if this was the A4 group, he informed me that it was the A3/A4's, I made it phewww :p

So it was handy enough for 5/6km until we got to the main road were the race actually started (I thought it already had :rolleyes:) Then bang we were off. I was feeling pretty good it must be said, never too far from the top of the group, comfortable I thought. Great being in such a big group, you don't even notice hills. Confidence was building. Then I hit a massive pothole and lost my only drink, 'great "I thought' still 42km or so to go :rolleyes: So this is how I was doing after 23.86km:
    Time 42:51; Speed 33.4/60km/h; HR 145

I suppose it was just after the first lap that I first felt the pace. We took a right down narrow country roads, with steep inclines and descents, both of which I am not the best at. I noticed a gap appearing and once we got on a slightly better road I worked very hard to bridge the gap. And I did, but it took a lot out of me. Could have done with 2/3mins spinning at the back but we were then hit with probably the courses toughest hills and I was then a gonner. This time I couldn't catch the guys in front, I was on my own from then on.

Once we were back on the main road again I was motoring. A group of 3 caught me after 6/7min of being on my own. I stuck we these for about 5km and I was so grateful for the lift :) Then we hit a small enough hill but it was one too many for me and I lost them. On my own again :( I plugged away, but I would have done anything for a drink. I started to get weak then and felt like getting sick. I was afraid to take my gel as it is pretty thick and needs something to wash it down, plus I thought I'd just throw it up again :rolleyes: (is this a record for rolleyes yet??:rolleyes:)

Anyway with about 8k to go a group of 4 caught me, I tried for about 30sec to keep on their wheels but I couldn't. Just wanted to be finished now. Anyway I decided to take the gel and glad I did as I instantly felt better. Rolled home then and was just glad it was over. Here was the last 27.57km:
    Time 56:20; Speed 29.4/59km/h; HR 153

Not sure were I finished, I wasn't last in the A4, I know 2 that were behind me but I think that was it. I will have to check the bike out after that pothole, funny noises coming from it. Here are the over all numbers;

Dist 1:39:12; Speed 31.1/60km/h; HR 149/173

I was chatting to a Pulse guy after, he had to pull out after breaking his cleat. We both agreed that it is tough going but will stand to us during the summer. As I always say, suffer now reap the rewards later :)

So plenty to think about, delighted I did it and looking forward to some club races now during the summer.

Total Time 2:51
    Total Dist 83.1km

I was one of the two behind u , wexford wheelers jersey and a guy with a blue top !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

I was thinking about trying a few of these in the Summer but you have put me off now :D

When you are finishing well down the field I would be scared to see where I would come. Good report though the tactics appeal to me

The auld warm up can be a killer, I remember Dustys error in doing a 200m swim warm up in his one his first tris

catweazle wrote: »
    I was thinking about trying a few of these in the Summer but you have put me off now :D

When you are finishing well down the field I would be scared to see where I would come. Good report though the tactics appeal to me

The auld warm up can be a killer, I remember Dustys error in doing a 200m swim warm up in his one his first tris

O not at all dude! It was a great buzz being in the main group whizzing along effortlessly. I just made mistakes, the warm up and not being in place to go with the break.

It is alsoimportant to note just were we are in our training cycle. I'm still in Base phase with only one hill session last week and no interval or TT sessions done yet, and won't be until May. Certainly it hasn't put me off, only made me want to do more.

Was just checking the cal for more A4 races during the summer but it seems there are only track and touring events penciled in, but I will do some club races. Do it CW!

Mon 4th April

Nothing planned today, big day for the GF so I will be supporting her :) Week summary later.

Was just checking the cal for more A4 races during the summer but it seems there are only track and touring events penciled in, but I will do some club races. Do it CW!

There's races every weekend in Leinster up until September. There probably just not up yet.

• Advertisement

catweazle wrote: »

There are Mayo League or Connacht League A4 races nearly every weekend around the place too. No excuses CW! :D

Advertisement