Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Casual Worker Question

• 08-01-2011 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi, I'm currently on Casual Workers Benefit. Over the Christmas there have been no hours at all for me so I've been marking every day that I was not working but on my last three payments I've gotten deducted €40 for means. Anyone know why this is if I haven't worked any days?

I have also only got one cheque since Christmas dated 23rd December for the 22nd-28th December. I also know someone else who didn't get paid on the 4th. Is this normal?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Hi, I'm currently on Casual Workers Benefit. Over the Christmas there have been no hours at all for me so I've been marking every day that I was not working but on my last three payments I've gotten deducted €40 for means. Anyone know why this is if I haven't worked any days?

Something similar happened to me. I had two days deducted for the last week in December even though on my slip I indicated that I hadn't worked. I thought it was a mistake but haven't been in to them about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

Something similar happened to me. I had two days deducted for the last week in December even though on my slip I indicated that I hadn't worked. I thought it was a mistake but haven't been in to them about it.

Same thing here.

RealistSpy wrote: »
    Same thing here.

God that's really weird now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 arans

Same thing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭spudwiser

i heard that it's something to do with not getting paid for bank holidays

• Advertisement

spudwiser wrote: »
    i heard that it's something to do with not getting paid for bank holidays

That would make sense.

But if JSA and JSB aren't deducted why should casual workers be? That seems grotesquely unfair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Monkey Business

But I've been deducted €40 from my last three payments. €80 from the double week and €40 from last week. Can't all be for Bank Holidays.

Anyone know about no cheque this week also?

Anyone know about no cheque this week also?

I got a double on the 23rd and one the week after so was expecting none this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Monkey Business

I got a double on the 23rd and one the week after so was expecting none this week.

Well afair I got a double week for the 8th onwards then one dated 23rd and nothing since. Must pop into them on Monday about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

That would make sense.

But if JSA and JSB aren't deducted why should casual workers be? That seems grotesquely unfair.

It depends on the hours you have worked in the previous few weeks if you are entitled to payment for bank holidays or not as you may have a statutory entitlement to receive payment for a bank holiday from your employer. Whereas somebody on full JSB/JSA does not have any entitlement to payment for a bank holiday from an employer so they automatically get paid on their jobseeker's payment.

Casual or part-time employees must have worked at least 40 hours in the 5 weeks ending on the day before the public holiday to establish a statutory entitlement to pay in respect of a public holiday.

• Advertisement

cee_jay wrote: »

Casual or part-time employees must have worked at least 40 hours in the 5 weeks ending on the day before the public holiday to establish a statutory entitlement to pay in respect of a public holiday.

Thank you for clearing that up. I worked no more than 15 hours in the previous 5 weeks but two days payment were still deducted. I wonder if it is deducted automatically rather than each case being individually assessed. I certainly won't be paid for the two days by my employer, unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Gruntus

Can somebody tell me weather i pick up my casual worker cheque from my post office or the social welfare office,cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

it gets posted to your home

Advertisement