Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did you like vanilla coke? (do you want to see it back in Ireland)

Options
  • 08-01-2011 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

Nicest drink I've ever tasted, bar none.

Would love to see it back.

Did you like vanilla coke? 75 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 75 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Hell Yeah. Nicest Coke around.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

bring back vanilla coke :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Best drink ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

oh dear god NO

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it's awful.

had it when in america, not a patch on regular coke or mountain dew for that fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

it left a horrible aftertaste! always seem to make me thirsty again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

*yuck*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I'd love to see Vanilla Coke back, Cherry Coke back (Although you can get it in some Polish shops and Boots occassionally), 2 litre bottles of Dr Pepper too, and all the additional Fanta flavours they don't sell here.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

/vomits at thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭awesom_o

I want to see diet coke with lime back!
    That stuff was massive :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Diet coke with lime was the shizz. Doesn't compare to Vanilla Coke.

I'd give a kidney for a bottle :pac::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭thenutflush

Hmmm, the poll results seem to indicate that vanilla coke is equally loved and loathed. I'd say the reason Coca Cola don't sell vanilla coke in Ireland now is because they know that if they did sell it, people who like it would just drink it in place of the normal coke that they already drink at present ie. they wouldn't make that much extra profit out of it. I'd defo buy it in place of regular coke though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,889 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

vanilla coke is the business.
    Still avalilable in germany and its on the shopping list every so often.
    (pepsi is often on a deal for 59c for 1.5L so that is the drink of choice when coke costs roughly double that)

Cherry coke though is like near everything else with cherry flavour, horrible.
    Strangely glacee cherries are quite platable!!

So I say bring back vanilla coke for the irish masses!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 travelsarah

Please no...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭smallgarden

dont think i ever tried vanilla coke but i did like vanilla vodka with coke

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭MandyM

I LOVE Vanilla Coke! I recently found some at The Gourmet Bank, but I was very disappointed to find that it tasted nothing like the Vanilla Coke in South Africa :( I've know that drinks can taste quite different in each country, but never thought it would be that drastic.

Btw. Vanilla Coke & Malibu!!!!!!! <3

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

My mum was obsessed with it. I remember we'd have crates of it in the house.. Mental.

The Diet Coke with Lime is still available up North. They have it in Asda. Not sure about the Vanilla coke though. I think they discontinued that in England aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

MandyM wrote: »
    I LOVE Vanilla Coke! I recently found some at The Gourmet Bank, but I was very disappointed to find that it tasted nothing like the Vanilla Coke in South Africa :( I've know that drinks can taste quite different in each country, but never thought it would be that drastic.

Btw. Vanilla Coke & Malibu!!!!!!! <3
    Is this the place in Churchtown?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

god no, keep it away from me! only original will do

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Yuk, hate the stuff! Cherry coke however is lovely. And I don't like diet coke but liked the dc and lime version

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

hmm lime version, intrigues me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭awesom_o

hmm lime version, intrigues me

I make my own now, but it doesn't compare haha.

Diet coke with lime was the shizz. Don't know why they ever discontinued it.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭I-Shot-Jr

Oh Jesus christ, I feel like a heroine addict who kicked his habit and now had unbearable cravings for a fix.

What I'd give for vanilla coke, I'd love anyone long time, sucky sucky 5 dolla.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Drink of the gods!

Loved the stuff, not seen it since 2004 though

And yes, we need Diet Coke with Lime back too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I'd love to see Vanilla Coke back on sale. It was delicous.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You could just put a pod in a bottle, or some extract (not essence!)

like this
    046%5C0025638710046%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg
    it is 6.70 in tesco, but not the fake essence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Cola_Vanilla
    Ordinary Coca-Cola already contains small amounts of vanilla. The history of adding additional vanilla flavoring to Coca-Cola, at least in the US, dates back at least to the 1940s when local soda fountain workers (soda jerks) would upon request add a "shot" (roughly a couple of tablespoons) of vanilla syrup to a (12-16 oz) Coca-Cola fountain soda. This remained common practice in ice cream shops where vanilla syrup and Coca-Cola were both common items for decades. The Coca-Cola Company first tested a Coca-Cola blend with extra vanilla flavoring at the 1982 World's Fair in Knoxville, Tennessee
    Seems coke were using the fake stuff in vanilla coke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭mandyarms

I don't like it:O

I have a box of 24 cans of Coca Cola Vanilla (renamed in US).
    You can get it from americansoda.co.uk
    Tastes as good as it used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

When i got to oz and seen it i had to buy it. After a few cans the novelty has worn off. Its not that nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

100% on bringing back Vanilla Coke, they should also bring back Cherry coke as it is far nicer then Dr. Pepper.

I never drink Regular Coke I only drink Pepsi normally but when Coke had the flavours I used to buy them on a regular basis......C'mon Coke bring back the Flavour's in Ireland.

Advertisement