Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did you like vanilla coke? (do you want to see it back in Ireland)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

celticbest wrote: »
    100% on bringing back Vanilla Coke, they should also bring back Cherry coke as it is far nicer then Dr. Pepper.

I never drink Regular Coke I only drink Pepsi normally but when Coke had the flavours I used to buy them on a regular basis......C'mon Coke bring back the Flavour's in Ireland.

Is it expensive delivery wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

I would second the cherry coke revival

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Lornen wrote: »
    Is it expensive delivery wise?
    From americansoda.co.uk delivery for 48 cans was £14.97.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

First sips of the bottle were grand but I couldn't a full bottle I would end up feeling sick. If it came in can version it wouldn't be too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

that's funny Asphyxia, I'm the opposite. first sips i think are a bit gross (or first bottle/can if I haven't had it in months) and then I love it all over again.

found some just last week in a new shop called CandyLand in Galway city (not sure of streetname, but if you're on Shop Street and take the turn off at Zereps shoe shop it's just down there). they just sell cans of it i think -as well as lots of other US drinks, sweets etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

Don't !!!!
    Seriously Don't.
    I have had a tray of the stuf from American Soda, (it's the same stuff, the Vanilla writing looks like it was made by a 5 year old on a HP printer)
    The stuff tastes fecking awful, nothing like the real stuff back in the day.
    I threw away 11 cans of the stuff.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

RVP 11 wrote: »
    5 year old on a HP printer
    :D its terrible alright!

and what sort of name is happy pills, sounds like a headshop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

For flavoured coke just ad a drop of essence (of choice) to your bottle/glass

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

You can get cans of Vanilla Coke in Candyland in Galway. Pricey at €1.50 a can :(
    I find it tastes best, when it is really cold!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I loved Vanilla Coke when it was available, if it came back I cant imagine I'd drink it now though. Have got so used to drinking Coke Zero that all the sugary goodness of regular Coke tastes pretty rank now. Maybe if they had Vanilla Coke Zero :)

Also, I loved the ad with that Chaz Palimawhatshisname fella

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Love vanilla coke. They sell it in Germany by the bottle. Adore.
    It's a shame coke Ireland don't realise they are losing out here. Most stores in the city centre stock cherry coke, but British made and imported. Coke Ireland should bring Cherry and Vanilla back.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

iMax wrote: »
    For flavoured coke just ad a drop of essence
    Just to note again you are better off with the expensive extract I showed earlier in this thread. That coke probably tastes manky as they are probably using chemical essence. The extract probably works out cheaper in the long run if buying expensive imports.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

Every year that I've gone kayaking to France in the past decade, there has been Coke Vanille available in the Carrefours and the motorway stops. I like it for a change once in a while, but as I'm currently off all caffeine (Migraine :/ ) it's a bit of a moot point.

It's also possible that the market for boutique soft drinks is a bit restricted as it's very much a luxury item these days for most people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Not a big fan, kinda left an after taste. I'd choose ordinary coke before it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 log22

i agree there was an after taste didnt like it atall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

I found a treasure trove in Dundalk. McAteers on clanbrassil st. have LOADS of stuff, including vanilla coke, dads cream soda, froot loops, reeses and loads more :D.

obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg

Advertisement