Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor 22 Redemption Island [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Oh fcuk yeah, I have 2 eps to watch tomorrow because I forgot this was back, sweeeeet, best programme ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Totally agreed Captain Negative,very poor episode.It is going to be very interesting the conflict between Russell and Chewbacca ak Ralph!!!Philip gets crazier by the day,that speech post the loss was excruciating.He's trying way too hard to be liked by the tribe.Special Agent my ass,God help the CIA and FBI if this Walter Mitty agent continues to ruin their credibility.Yeah it was a nice blindside orchestrated by Rob,any survivor who high fives the opposing victorious tribe deserves to voted off.The lovely Andrea is going to have the daggers out for Rob.Here's hoping next week's fare is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Just watched there. That tribal council was nicely orchestrated by Rob alright. He wasnt gonna let another Fabio happen. Good to see him playing hard already...

Ralph v Russell is going to fun. It was good to see Ralph get the idol as he now has Russells crutch. I would have thought Russell wouldn't have used the 'are you with me or against me' line to him after what happened to him on HvV. He underestimated Sandra there and she came back kicked his ass...

Dumb bitch on Redemption Island: "Please God let me have a flint!"

Which she then searches for with a burning oil lamp, then she sets the lamp down on the ground beside her tinder while she tries and fails to light it with the flint.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

I liked this episode. A lot going on, but i agree about not having enough time to get to know players. Think it was a bad move by Rob this week. Way too early for that kind of move. How long until his allies get worried after he was so fast to screw one of them? And Russell looks to be in a really bad position now. Without an idol he's in trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Thargor wrote: »
    Dumb bitch on Redemption Island: "Please God let me have a flint!"

Which she then searches for with a burning oil lamp, then she sets the lamp down on the ground beside her tinder while she tries and fails to light it with the flint.

I wouldn't put it past Survivor to of given her an LED lantern.

Kerosene or some kind of lamp oil has been part of past rewards iirc.

Ding Dong, the witch is dead... for now at least. While I think its never a good idea to throw a challenge in Survivor, this time, I kinda feel it was the best move for the players in the power alliance. If you give Russell time in this game, he will gain power and you're in trouble. The best move was to get him out as quickly as possible, before he can cause any more trouble. Ralph is playing a good game. It's nice to see someone actually keep their mouth shut about a HII for a change.
    Rob seems to be getting stronger and stronger in this game. If he finds that idol, forget about it.
    As for the first RI duel, not bad. I'm willing to give it a chance. Will be interesting to see what happens if Matt or Russell get back into the game after being screwed by their tribes. Should be a good duel next week.

Really peeved off the great Hantz is gone,really thought Julie would vote Ralph out!God Stephanie was really feisty at the tribal council.I think it was foolish of them to throw the immunity challenge with them only 2 up with a merge in mind,I'm biased toward Hantz!:DHope he kicks Matt's ass and comes back into the game.Boston Rob will be very strong if he finds the idol.I thought the redemption island challenge was very lame.This season has really yet to catch fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

That can be described in one word: Awesome.

I love Julie.

• Advertisement

Yes massive respect for Julie, thank she has a strong mind unlike Tyson when Rob got screwed. She even gave them hope cos Russell was sat there thinking he was staying until the tie. Then he knew he was a goner. Agree on Ralph playing a good game, even put himself at risk to keep the idol in his back pocket. They seem to have a strong alliance and have 2 easy targets to ditch should they lose again...

I was screaming at the screen for Ralph to tell his alliance that he had the idol, so that they wouldn't have to split the votes! Really thought Julie was gonna flip and that damn Hantz would have pulled another one out of the bag. Good job by Ralph tho. He got Russell out and kept his idol under wraps. Gotta admit, it was a rush watchin Russell get his torch snuffed. Bet Jeff enjoyed that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

So glad that Russell is gone, for the moment anyway. I hope Matt beats him next week.

I really like Julie, Steve and Ralph. Ralph seems like he could be a great player. He has started well anyway. Stephanie is annoying me already.

I don't mind the idea of Redemption Island but it takes up so much screen time. The show needs to be longer to reflect this.

Bring on next week. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm disappointed Hantz was voted out. Whether you love him or hate him - he makes for entertaining television.

Im not liking this Redemption Island crap, it seems like something cheap that was just thrown out in a meeting where the producers were desperate for new ideas, like the last time they brought the Outcasts back in whatever season that was, voted out should mean gone home for good, the tribe has spoken.

Im not liking this Redemption Island crap, it seems like something cheap that was just thrown out in a meeting where the producers were desperate for new ideas, like the last time they brought the Outcasts back in whatever season that was, voted out should mean gone home for good, the tribe has spoken.

Well to be fair, Redemption Island has been done in several of the international versions years ago. They tried to introuce it to the US version a few years back, but the network didn't wanna change the format then. I'm uneasy with the idea of someone who's been voted out winning the game, but cmon, lets at least give it a go and see how it works out. Peolple complained when Hidden Immunity Idols were introduced, but I think we'd all agree that they've improved the game. Let's see at the end of the season how it's worked out.

Maybe I was a bit harsh there, its still 1000X better than any of the other crap on tv at the minute, and Im glad they've resisted the temptation to fake it as evidenced by Russel getting kicked out so early.

How does RI work anyway? Christian Surfer Dude has to beat another person (Russel) to get back to his tribe? Or has to beat him to get to stay on RI?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

Maybe I was a bit harsh there, its still 1000X better than any of the other crap on tv at the minute, and Im glad they've resisted the temptation to fake it as evidenced by Russel getting kicked out so early.

How does RI work anyway? Christian Surfer Dude has to beat another person (Russel) to get back to his tribe? Or has to beat him to get to stay on RI?

Who ever wins the duel will stay on in Redemption Island. At some point they rejoin the game. I'm assuming it will be at the time of the merge to avoid a tribe ganging up and voting the returning member out. At least after the merge there is opportunity for new alliances.

Not happy that Russell is out. He makes for good moments in the show. I can't see him surviving enough duels to make it back into the game, and I really want to see what would happen if Rob and Russell made it to the merge. Would they align to avoid being targeted or would they pick up were H vs V's finished?

Ya, I imagine the RI survivor (or survivors) will rejoin at the merge. Thats where we'll see whether this RI twist will work or not. Does the player that re-enters the game team up with the tribe that voted him out, or go with the tribe he doesn't know? Either way, it could seriously screw up someones game. I def wouldn't want to see that RI player win the game tho. It would cheapen it a bit. Imagine if Lillian Morris had won Pearl Islands!

Imagine if Rob and Russell met on Redemption Island. It'd be like Christmas coming early for the producers.

• Advertisement

I agree that the redemption island surrvivor(s) will probably will re-enter at the merge. The game can be quite chaotic then and if the numbers are even it will spice things up.

Its gonna take some blindside for Rob to get to RI before then...

Coeus wrote: »
    I agree that the redemption island surrvivor(s) will probably will re-enter at the merge. The game can be quite chaotic then and if the numbers are even it will spice things up.

Its gonna take some blindside for Rob to get to RI before then...

I'd actually speculate there'll be 2 redemption island returnees. One at the merge and one later in the game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor_10:_The_Caribbean#Contestants
    Similar to the Israeli "Island of The Dead" format.

I'd actually speculate there'll be 2 redemption island returnees. One at the merge and one later in the game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor_10:_The_Caribbean#Contestants
    Similar to the Israeli "Island of The Dead" format.

Israeli Survivor lasts 52 days!? Bloody hell, try doing that back to back!

It would be real twist if they didnt let the Survivors know about a postmerge RI until after they were voted off...

If the merge happens at 12 left (which is the earliest I reckon it could) then Russell has 4 duals to win before a potential return. There is hope for him as he is good challenges and will do what it takes to win them...

Actually, I misread the Israeli one, there was only one returnee and that was at the final 5.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor_Srbija:_Philippines
    Serbia had one returnee at the merge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor_Philippines:_Palau#Contestants
    Philippines had the same.

Another Israeli version had someone returning after only 14 days.

So yeah, basically it's completely at the discretion of the producers.

Probst has signed up for another 2 seasons so there will be at least that many more to look forward to :)

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_TV_SURVIVOR

Coeus wrote: »
    Probst has signed up for another 2 seasons so there will be at least that many more to look forward to :)

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_TV_SURVIVOR

Great news. I read somewhere that
    the Philippines
    is the likely location for Seasons 23/24.

I read last year that was a possible future location...

I guess we'll know for sure in May at the finale. I'm avoiding any sort of spoiler sites/forums especially when Russell is involved in this series. Like I avoid this thread until I have watched the latest episode myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

:(

That is all...

• Advertisement

Ah well Hantz is gone,not before dropping a few time bombs.That Ralph is a real dumbass,letting it out of the bag about the idol.He really is not as clever as he thinks.Hope Matt goes far,seems like a nice kid,sure to whip Christina's ass.Boston Rob is coasting in his tribe now that he's got the idol.God I could kill Philip,he must be the most irritating survivor of all time,those pink underpants are ridiculous.I can't believe that Russell's girls are still stirring the pot,don't they wish to stay in the game.

Advertisement