Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor 22 Redemption Island [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

Got to love Boston Rob! "Royal Treatment" and constipation. He is really playing all out. Needs to string some wins together though, cos he can't afford to lose anymore people before the merge. Think Matt is in with a good shot of getting back in the game. The next few people likely to get sent to RI would be Philip, Andrea, Stephanie or Krista, and you would think Matt could beat all of them without too much trouble.
    I like the way Russell went out. He came into Survivor with a bang, and certainly left with a bang! It's good to see a player who cares so much about the game. As for Ralph, Russell got him hook, line and sinker. Really dumb move.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Kinda glad to see Russell go. Hes become a cliche, living up to his legend from previous seasons rather than playing the game fresh.

Rob is the real triple threat. Experience, Celebrity and Smarts. He's playing the game like a an A-Class survivor. Stabbing everyone in his tribe in the back and making them love him for it.

Russell never had this skill. He knew how to manipulate people, but they would always become aware of it, either through his boasting or his mismanagement of people. He would never of won Survivor.

If Rob can keep this up into the merge he has a really good shot of winning the million.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Yea, Rob might be in a strong position in his tribe but the other tribe is stronger. If they dont have the numbers at the merge then it will tough for Rob as you have to imagine they'll go after him forcing him to use the idol or some play where he has to reveal the idol. He'll be a sitting duck then. Rob's toughest challenges are ahead. If Matt comes back into the game which could happen as he has probably won his hardest dual he'll face then he will be gunning for Rob also.

I thought Ralph would keep stum about the idol but he had to gloat to Russell that he had found it. It probably wont matter til later in the game as they will probably get rid of Russell's girls even if their mischief is an attempt to break the alliance.

I would have liked to have seen Russell go further but he was a marked man. He played a great game in Samoa, if he hadnt had been so boastful and condescending towards the people he was voting out then he could have won. But the jury was bitter and the rest is history...

The other tribe, though stronger, I want to burn into the ground. I've never seen such a smug bunch of peons. I can't wait until they have to turn on each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Yes Russell was a great mind manipulator and strategist but simply never had an adequate set of social skills.He was simply too arrogant,superior in his attitude,overconfident and as a result made way too many enemies,never seeking to mend bridges.Mostly he gloated when other players were voted out of the game.Agreed he would never have won survivor,bitter juries would never reconcile themselves to giving him the million bucks.Having said all that I love the guy and think the show is going to be so much duller without him.He was genuinely upset.He really loved the game,it was never about the money,merely the title of Sole Survivor.We need another EVIL one to invigorate the game.I think this lame Redemption Island feature is a load of crap,much preferred the separate reward challenges.Matt should definitely beat Philip,Stephanie and Christa.Hopefully Ralph will be kicked out soon.Boston Rob could be in trouble if his tribe continue to lose immunity challenges even with the idol.He's starting to irritate me with an overtly superior attitude and smugness,we all know he can play the game,it's his fourth go at winning the million bucks.

• Advertisement

Matt is looking very strong on Redemption Island,hard to know if he'll reek his revenge on Boston Rob if he comes back into the game.He's seriously peeved off.Boston Rob is absolutely coasting at this stage in the game!There really is some seriously hot women in the game this year.:DLittle surprise that Krista was voted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Good episode this week, some unbelievable women on the show alright!

Enjoyed seeing some of the strategy before the challenge as well. It was also pretty funny seeing Rob switch out the clues! Such a veteran!

Wait who are we talking about in regards to women? They're mostly all your typical Survivor fare. None of them hold a candle to Parvati though. Best Survivor in Survivor history imo and also stunning.

Andrea has a weird face. Weird in a good way imo, but it's like shes a cartoon or something.

Don't think there's ever been a season as jammed packed full of hotties since Fans vs. Favorites.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Wait who are we talking about in regards to women? They're mostly all your typical Survivor fare. None of them hold a candle to Parvati though. Best Survivor in Survivor history imo and also stunning.

Andrea has a weird face. Weird in a good way imo, but it's like shes a cartoon or something.

Don't think there's ever been a season as jammed packed full of hotties since Fans vs. Favorites.

I mean the 3 young girls on Rob's tribe. The shower scene was awesome!

I agree with you on Andrea, definitely in a good way! The two girls who were with Russell are pretty good too.

That shower scene with Ashley and Natalie was red hot,Andrea,Stephanie and Krista are pretty cute too.Although I don't think any of them are cut out for this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Don't think Natalie or Ashley are that attractive at all - the fact that they're uber boring doesn't help my opinion of them. Andrea, Krista and Stephanie however are all very attractive, but there has been better over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah they're like bland drones, cant even picture them in my mind and I just watched it 5 minutes ago, Stephanie is really fine though.

stephanie-valencia-survivor-redemption.jpg?d=600

I agree Redemption Island doesnt work, its stupid, if there was some other mechanism where they were forming another tribe or something it might be better but as it is its piss poor, someone voted out early has to win 5 or 6 challenges in a row to stay in whereas they could lose right before the merge and then someone who'd only won it once gets to stay in, its bad design.

And I also miss the reward challenges, they were the best bit, better than the immunity challenges. Hope they bring back the Survivor auction and let people win some cars again, those were great challenges.

Sweet, she just accepted my request on FB, Im friends with an actual Survivor contestant :D

http://www.facebook.com/stephanievalencia23

Oh yeah sorry for triple post but look whos going back to jail for 9 months:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1366211/Celebrity-Apprentice-star-Richard-Hatch-turns-start-month-prison-sentence.html

He's already done 3 years for not paying taxes on his winnings after the first Survivor then he forgets to pay them again and gets sent down a second time :P

He's on the Celebrity Apprentice in the US at the minute aswell if anyone watches that, should be entertaining.

Thargor wrote: »
    Oh yeah sorry for triple post but look whos going back to jail for 9 months:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1366211/Celebrity-Apprentice-star-Richard-Hatch-turns-start-month-prison-sentence.html

He's already done 3 years for not paying taxes on his winnings after the first Survivor then he forgets to pay them again and gets sent down a second time :P

He's on the Celebrity Apprentice in the US at the minute aswell if anyone watches that, should be entertaining.

This guy is a serious dumbass. I saw that he was on Celeb Apprentice alright. He was raising money for Ethan Zohn's Grassroots Soccer charity.

Just seen the episode. I guess the producers couldnt resist putting that shower scene when they were going through the video :)

Im beginning to think that this series could do with a premerge tribe switch...

It appears that all the uploaded episodes of this survivor series have been taken down by youtube for copyright reasons???:confused:

Not that surprising is it? They'd obviously prefer to make millions in DVD sales than give it away for free on Youtube.

Anywhere else to watch it?:D

I can't, literally can't wait until Zapatera implodes. They are all such smug gits.

When Krista lost the challenge and Mike and Julie fist bump with these nauseatingly smug grins I felt like reaching through the screen and knocking their heads together like coconuts.

Also, when Steve was lying on the ground talking to Steph he looked like a corpse, or someone close to deaths door. I didn't see the reasons for Stephs vote but this week it was evident. Even when he rebutted Philips "Gorilla, Lions" nonsense, there was just no energy when he slapped his forearm. Maybe it's because he's a big dude, and he's getting the same amount of food as everyone else.

Also, luxury item... whaaa? Thought that was done away with seasons ago. A pink Bible. When Krista said his belief is what's helping him win challenges I just rolled my eyes. So that's why all this crap is going on in the Middle East, God's become too distracted watching Survivor and meddling with the challenges :rolleyes: Anyway, non sequitur. I did like the choice camera angles on Matt when he won though, like they are pushing him as a Jesus look-a-like.

This season is reminding me of Russells first season. With one contestant, in this case Rob, who understands the game, surrounded by idiots who don't know how to strategize and manipulate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Didn't get a chance to post here about it, but Krista's constant "These people aren't playing the game" rhetoric rather irked me. Last time I checked getting into a safe 6 person majority alliance and voting out a minority is pretty good game playing :P.

Anyway, yesterday's episode. Am getting annoyed by the Matt storyline the editors are shoving down our throat relating to the whole Jesus and redemption stuff. Have a feeling we could have a returnee next episode.

Ah guys,I think you're reading too much into the whole Matt storyline,he has pretty strong beliefs and seems like a really nice guy.I can definitely see him coming back into the game,he should steamroll Stephanie.Totally agreed,Ometepe are looking very strong against the all talk no action Zapatero.They'll rue the day they voted Hantz out and gave Boston Rob and co some badly needed momentum:D.Zapatero were pathetic in the challenge,David is a really irritating character,Stephanie hopeless,the Marine dude was destroyed by Grant etc...Really warmed to Philip this week,liked his honesty re the laziness of the beach babes.Seriously Ashley and Natalie need to improve their attitudes!There is a serious undercurrent of ageism when it comes to the obvious isolating of him.Unfortunately Philip is so far out of the loop in his so called 3 way alliance with Boston Rob and Grant it's not funny!He's going to wreak his vengeance on the boys if they double cross him,God they must be quaking in their boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Stephanie was my last remaining hope of having someone other than Rob in there who knows how to play the game. I reckon David is regretting not teaming up with Hantz, Stephanie and Krista when he had the chance, because he's not gonna last long now.
    This season is pretty awful - the only reason I'm still watching is because I'm a fan of Boston Rob. Hope he wins, and hope next season will be a million times better.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I'm starting to warm to Philip. His 'stealth' thing was hilarious. The way he confronted them about the clue was so funny.

I don't have any favourites this season yet though. It's all a bit meh. I hope Matt makes it back in though.

I'm starting to warm to Philip. His 'stealth' thing was hilarious. The way he confronted them about the clue was so funny.
    Yes that was the best bit of the episode, Stealth 'R' Us. He is some character, I hope he hangs around for a couple of weeks.

The challenge was a walk for Ometepe as Grant played wide receiver in his football playing days so running and catching are what he is good at.

I think even more now that mixing up the tribes would get the series going but Rob would be at risk from that and the producers probably want him round as long as possible.

Kinda hope Stephanie beats Matt next week as I think she will bring more to the game if she returns...

Ah the pretty girls have to learn that Survivor ain't supposed to be no holiday camp.I had to laugh at Boston Rob asking the guys at the reward who the figure was on the statue.Pretty dumbass,there was a cross adjacent to the statue and there was more than a passing resemblance to Jesus!Of course it is Jesus,thought he was a bit smarter than now appears!I can't see David lasting too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

seligehgit wrote: »
    Ah the pretty girls have to learn that Survivor ain't supposed to be no holiday camp.I had to laugh at Boston Rob asking the guys at the reward who the figure was on the statue.Pretty dumbass,there was a cross adjacent to the statue and there was more than a passing resemblance to Jesus!Of course it is Jesus,thought he was a bit smarter than now appears!I can't see David lasting too long.

David definitely looks like he is in trouble now. I think his decision to side with Stephanie proves Krista's point in the last episode when she said the big alliance weren't playing the game. The alliance of six were strong because they had the majority but individually they didn't seem to ask were they each stood in that 6. David realized he was well down the totem pole and tried to change that. I think David made the right move, he just made it too late.

I'm loving how Zapatera's arrogance of thinking they could throw a challenge to get rid of Russell is coming back to haunt them. If they were to merge now, both players on Redemption Island would join Ometepe and they would be down in numbers.

I think I'm enjoying this season more than most seem to be. Rob is consistently funny, Philip is freakin gold, and things are shaping up for a very interesting post-merge game. Zapatera are starting to splinter. Philip and Andrea aren't sure where they stand, and you've got the wild card of Matt rejoining the game. I'm really pulling for Rob to win. He's been excellent so far.

"Whatcha got their boys?", pure American cop busting some kids with weed or something, I burst out laughing at that :p

I still hate Exile Island, I had an idea watching the latest ep that the winner of each duel should immediately be sent back to the other tribe, as in not the one that voted them out, that could add wildcards all over the place and spice things up a bit, the energy levels this season are so low, it feels very half-assed so far.

• Advertisement

I think I'm enjoying this season more than most seem to be. Rob is consistently funny, Philip is freakin gold, and things are shaping up for a very interesting post-merge game. Zapatera are starting to splinter. Philip and Andrea aren't sure where they stand, and you've got the wild card of Matt rejoining the game. I'm really pulling for Rob to win. He's been excellent so far.
    Yeah I agree with you there to be honest, its always after the merge when the real strategizing and blindsides kick off, its still Survivor anyway so that automatically makes it better than anything else on tv.

Advertisement