Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor 22 Redemption Island [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Thargor wrote: »
    Yeah I agree with you there to be honest, its always after the merge when the real strategizing and blindsides kick off, its still Survivor anyway so that automatically makes it better than anything else on tv.
    +1

Deffo best prog on TV. Hopefully the merge happens soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

Another good episode this week. I thought Grant was the stand out survivor again this week in the challenge and looks like he will be hard to beat when it gets to individual immunity challenges.

Sarita was the right vote i think. Definitely she was the weakest on the tribe but it looks increasingly likely that no one on Zapetera will win the over all game. They seem to have based their entire game, both pre and post merge, around the "alliance of six", and that is well and truly broken up now. Besides David, i don't think anyone left on the tribe is strategic enough to get to the end.

Grant has been great in the challenges alright which will make him a big target along with Rob when the merge happens next week. Pity we didnt get to see the 'frontside' from Rob but Philip would have gone and that would have sucked as he is quality.

After the merge Philip will flip for sure and when Matt wins the dual (I cant see him losing even if he is injured) he could go either way. David looks like he wants to play aswell, he took a big risk going against the alliance last time round. Now that he has survived he could go far.

Looks like the game is just about to begin in earnest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Guys where'd you watch this episode?Can't find it on you tube!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Philip needs to go ! Quickly,.

<SNIP>

MOD EDIT: Please do not post links to copyrighted content... this is against our charter!

I've actually gone back to watching previous seasons as I usually do when survivor comes round to fill in the gaps between each week :P

In the middle of China and Pearl Islands, just finished Cook Islands.

I love Robb, but routing for Matt, after winning so many challenges on redemption, It would be horrible if he came back just to be voted off. The returning castaway should be given a hidden immunity idol. The girls this season are pretty useless though tbh , none of them have a spark or are interesting in any way.
    Not in the same way Parvati, Sandra , Amanda all were

• Advertisement

seligehgit wrote: »
    Guys where'd you watch this episode?Can't find it on you tube!:confused:
    On my laptop :) Survivor has been around alot longer than youtube so there are ways. I think the previous post details one method of getting to watch it...

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

Guess Matt is a lock for getting back in now. He deserves it after lasting so long. I just hope he joins back with Ometepe. Rob tossing the clue into the volcano this week was class. He really knows how to make good TV. I can't believe everyone is so out of it compared to him. Yet again, he's the only one looking for the clue. Next week should be great. Wonder what Rob's got up his sleeve for the merge. No doubt Zapatera are gunning for him. Philip, Matt, David and possibly Andrea are all wild cards at this stage. Should make for some fun scrambling.
    BTW, great challenge this week. Back and forth all the way through and a great dramatic ending. Rob did a great job literally dragging Special Agent Shappard's ass through the obstacle course.

Yip the series is coming along nicely.Totally agreed,Boston Rob makes great tv throwing the clue in the volcanoe!The rest of his crew though are real dumbasses,lacking any awareness of the possibility that there might be a hidden clue for the idol at the rewards.Not that it makes any difference as Rob would say.Grant does not appear to be the smartest guy in the class but could definitely get on a roll in the individual immunity challenges.I had to laugh at Philip talking about the division in his tribe,him against the world!If he makes it to the merge there could be a lot of flippers;Philip,Andrea,David and Matt.Matt looks very strong,big threat.Should have a walk over against Sarita,injured or not.The girls this year are darn good to look at as you'd expect but they are'nt a patch on Parvati,Amanda and co..Roll on the merge!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

Coeus wrote: »
    Grant has been great in the challenges alright which will make him a big target along with Rob when the merge happens next week.

I'm thinking the opposite. I believe Grant is going to be off the radar of most contestants for a while. If Matt wins the dual, he will be viewed as the big threat due to being unbeaten in what are essentially Individual Immunity challenges on RI. Also, everyone will be gunning for Rob post merge. If Grant keeps quiet and doesn't give people a reason to target him, the group may just vote out everyone who is capable of beating him before they realize how big a threat he is.

I'm thinking the opposite. I believe Grant is going to be off the radar of most contestants for a while. If Matt wins the dual, he will be viewed as the big threat due to being unbeaten in what are essentially Individual Immunity challenges on RI. Also, everyone will be gunning for Rob post merge. If Grant keeps quiet and doesn't give people a reason to target him, the group may just vote out everyone who is capable of beating him before they realize how big a threat he is.
    Grant been associated with Rob will also make him a target also. He is his righthand man so if they suspect Rob has an idol then they should be taking out his closest ally. I'm sure Philip is going to blab. Grant dominating in challenges isnt exactly been under the radar either. The Ometepe girls will not be percieved as a threat straight away. That said anything could happen after the merge....

• Advertisement

Coeus wrote: »
    Grant been associated with Rob will also make him a target also. He is his righthand man so if they suspect Rob has an idol then they should be taking out his closest ally. I'm sure Philip is going to blab. Grant dominating in challenges isnt exactly been under the radar either. The Ometepe girls will not be percieved as a threat straight away. That said anything could happen after the merge....

Agreed. Plus, with the likelihood of Rob winning a couple of immunities, anyone who is targetting him will go for Grant if Rob is immune. He's in a good position for the time being though. While Rob is there, it takes the heat off Grant. And if someone does manage to oust Rob, Grant would become the new leader in that alliance, with Natalie and Ashley prime players to bring to the final 3. They aren't making any friends out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Goodbye Stephanie :(

Come on Rob though, Id say he at least has the 100k in the bag for Americas Choice or whatever its called, he's the only likeable person there tbh, Philip is okay but only as a comedy character.

Really enjoyed this episode,for once I really wasn't absolutely sure who was going to be voted out.God Matt is such a nice kid but incredibly naive,not a great trait for survivor!Really felt sorry for him,hope he kicks ass at RI again and shows a less forgiving nature.He really should have flipped and we'd of had a really interesting game.Even Andrea saw the writing on the wall and betrayed her boy.With Ralph's idol flushed out,it looks like Zapatera tribe will be picked off and then real game will began for the king...Boston Rob.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Capajoma

Haha, Rob is owning it, hope he wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

As David said, it was a genius move.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Matt... what a loose cannon. So glad he's been sent back to RI. Almost as funny as when Sugar kept getting sent back to Exile Island in Gabon.

I'm just thinking though how great this season would of been had Russell survived until the merge to meet with Rob. Rob is really running unopposed at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Capajoma

I think had Russell ended up on Ometepe, he would have bee in as good a position as Rob.

Anyway, looks like its gonna be a final 3 of Rob, Ashley and Natalie. No way will Rob bring Grant to the end.

Also, cant see Matt doing as well on RI this time, he'll definitely have tougher opponents in Mike, Ralph and Steve coming soon and I cant see him beating all three.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Grant looks like he's no longer gonna be complacent by being Rob's righthand man. I know the previews are never accurate, but at the same time he now has a huge target on him. Rob is now clearly king of the castle, and I'm kinda feeling a men's alliance coming on to counter him. Grant, I'm sure, knows that he will eventually have to make a move against Rob if he's to win it. Also, if the secret gets out that Rob has an idol, it'd probably push Grant enough to distrust him.

Now, having said all that, if next week's episode focuses so much on Grant's plight, then he'll probably be the one sent home after all!

...I had so much hope for Matt after said the above but some people just dont learn their lesson. He had to go blabbing to one of the best players who has played. Rob kinda killed 3 birds (Matts indecisiveness which makes him a loose cannon, the couple alliance with Andrea and the christian alliance) with one stone aswell. David was right in saying it been genius! I must admit Rob is playing quite a good game, he is on top of everything, even the tribes name :D

Good to see the remnants of Zapetera starting to use their heads. They picked the right person to vote for and it should be a wakeup call for Grant. He now knows he's a marked man. What he does about it we'll see next week...

As the continuation of RI, I thought it would be more fun not telling the players it was staying in the game. That said Rob must have got some kick out of sending Matt back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Stupid dumbass god lover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Gonna predict that Andrea wins based on her edit.

Gonna predict that Andrea wins based on her edit.

Think she's playing a smart game. Matt kinda screwed her by letting Rob know that he had discussed jumping ship with her. This week worked out well for Rob. He's cemented Andrea's loyalty for the time being with this vote and Philip seems to be fully onboard with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

So glad they squashed that Christian alliance before it got going, cant stand listening to them. Although it would have been funny seeing a bitchfight over who gets to be the Jesus-wannabes girlfriend. He should never have opened his mouth to Rob. I love Philip now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Not sure that Rob played this one entirely right. I think I would have strung Matt on a bit until the numbers were better before voting him out. After all Matt had almost guarenteed to vote along with what Rob wanted. Now it only takes one swing vote to cause trouble for Rob.

I think Steve should have been targeted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I guess Rob's reasoning was that Matt was a loose cannon so to speak, and that Rob could easily have been hit. Matt even told him as much. I actually think Rob's playing a good game: divide and conquer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Philip is mental, seriously crazy stuff ! :P

Really boring episode,tribal councils were so predictable.They're becoming nothing more than the Philip Shephard side show,he's mental.Growing to detest him.I'm starting to sympathise with the previously arrogant Zapatera tribe.Ometepe are verging on a cult,bowing at Boston Rob's altar.The rest of the tribe need to grow a pair!Really pathetic how Grant ran back with his tail between his legs after Rob beckoned him back from the fish eating Zapatera clan.Really hope somebody eventually blindsides Rob.

I can see why they compressed 2 episodes into 1 this week. Not much scheming and blindside talk going on thanks to the buddy system. Gotta hand it to Rob for coming up with it, alot of very tight alliances in the past have failed before when seeds of doubt can be planted. Tribal was funny when Julie called Rob out as been like a cult leader, if looks could kill they would have at that point...

Phillips game is starting to intrigue me, acting crazy as a way to get Rob to into Rob or anyone's endgame and giving Rob no reason to doubt him. Then in his monologue he has to make something happen and there is a time for that but now it is not the time. That seems to be the only insight into what might happen going forward. He is getting alot of airtime which leads me to think he'll be there or thereabouts at the end...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Robs genius is also his achilles heel. He's paranoid. He's been blindsided badly in the past and likes to keep his alliance at arms length now to stop it from happening again.

He's playing it well, like animal farm or lord of the flies. If I didn't know any better I'd imagine he was reading up on the Stanford Prison Experiment before heading into this season. It's a perfect plan to create a class division between the tribes by eating separately and sleeping separately. It's sheer brilliance. I'd imagine even Russell will pat him on the back for that move.

The issue with this though is that it makes for bad viewing. Nobody is playing the social game anymore. Rob has created a system that is so stable and locked down it's boring to watch.

Grant is becoming another Ozzy it seems. He's a huge physical threat. He has to know Rob sees this and is going to try and oust him as soon as the other tribe has been voted out. He also knows Grant has a good chance of beating Matt on Redemption Island.

Overall though, great strategic season, but incredibly boring to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Worst episode(s) in the history of Survivor. You could even tell that the production crew are getting bored when Jeff has to keep reminding the Zaps to keep trying to break Rob's alliance.

Their ousting of Russell was the turning point in the game - what i would have given to see Russell in that situation. At least he'd be asking people the right questions.

I think we'll start to see more idols coming into play. It's the only way the production team are going to get any traction within the game - either that or develop a new tribe on Redemption island.

For a season that promised so much it's becoming boring really quickly.

Advertisement