Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor 22 Redemption Island [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It has been awful as a season. Think they need to go back to basics - forget the idols and redemption island and exile island and all that nonsense... I think next season they should start with 3/4 tribes, as they haven't done that in awhile and I thought those seasons worked quite well...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Jeff Probst said there will be
    people left in the game in the finale. A lot to get through.
    That means Remdemption Island will be going up and until then :rolleyes:

So it looks like there will be a final 'duel' between whoever is left at RI at the finale where the 'duel' winner will return to the game with the remnants of Ometepe 6. That sucks to be honest. I have to agree that it is not a good concept and hopefully it is the last time they use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

All this talk of Vanuatu has made me want to go back and rewatch earlier seasons... Sure I might know who the winners are, but I'd say I've forgotten the majority of the contestants and the order they were voted out in - would be interesting to compare strategies and whatnot of the early years to the strategies they use these days...

I do it all the time,

Can people list their Top 3 seasons please also, just so I can decide which series to start/rewatch next.

I think there's only 1 or 2 that I havent seen.

My top 3 were

-Australia
    -Micronesia
    -Palau

Tocantins was pretty cool too :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor_(U.S._TV_series)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

I have'nt watched all the old ones as yet,just finishing off Survivor Amazon.The earlier seasons are far superior to the current relatively poor season.I really have just not enjoyed it.Anyhow my favourite seasons have been Cook islands,Fiji and maybe Australia,Tocantins deserves mention.All the seasons Heroes v Villians,All Stars and Fans v Favourites were by far the best but I have not included them as they are'nt regular seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I agree that the best seasons have been HvV, All Stars, and FvF. However, I think the mistake they made with this one is that they brought back only two people as a kind of "the best of the best", whereas that's a ridiculous assertion to make. Also, this is Rob's 4th attempt. It's just a publicity stunt. I think a maximum of 1 return is OK.

Tinkering with the game isn't great either. I felt that the challenges in the past two seasons have been a bit like the obstacle courses you'd make as a kid in your back garden. Also, the lack of being allowed in the sea is something I've noticed is lacking. I remember in past seasons a lot of strategising went on while swimming/bathing. Plus the elephant in the room that is Redemption Island. I think they've gone too far with it. Maybe it might've worked if it ended at the merge. I agree with Captain Negative: back to basics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Micronesia, Pearl Islands and Borneo would be my three faves. Nothing beats the surreal atmosphere of Borneo. The casting was absolutely unreal for that season.

Also guys, you should all check this out, it's a listing of the funniest 115 moments in survivor history - 115 from the first 10 seasons, and another 115 from the next 10. The writeups are simply fantastic.

Seasons 1-10: http://funny115.com/v1/version1.htm
    Seasons 11-20: http://funny115.com/v2/version2.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Not including All Stars, HvV or FvF my favourite seasons would have to be:

1) Africa
    2) Cook Islands
    3) Tocantins

Honorable mention to Australia and Borneo...

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

HvV and Micronesia are prob the best to be fair. Apart from those my top 3 is:
    1-Palau: The best location, cast is good, stories are amazing.
    2-China: The best cast they've ever had.
    3-Pearl Islands: Apart from Lil Morris, a great season

Downloaded Africa, as its the only one out of all of the faves mentioned that I haven't seen.
    So I'll watch that in between each wednesday :P

Ahhh, just started watchin it and realised I had seen it, just been so long and about 20 seasons since :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I think theres some serious cases of rose-tinted glasses going on in this thread now regarding previous seasons, I just watched Australia and its really dull compared to a more modern series, no major moves, just trudging along eliminating the smaller tribe one by one, Colby winning everything, everyone else lying around camp all day doing nothing. The challenges are boring aswell.

Survivor Nicaragua starts tomorrow night on TG4 at 7.30,ah sure there's no harm in watching it again,I plan to!!:DFair play to TG4,massive respect.

TG4 are fair on the ball with Survivor at the moment. 3 seasons back to back! Although, going straight from HvV into Nicaragua might be a bit of a shock! ;)

God yeah going from probably the best Survivor season ever to one of the worst!:D

So TG4 are only a season and a half behind. If they run through the summer they may be able to show the upcoming autumn series at the same time as it it aired stateside. I'll still watch the next day though :)

I too agree with HvV been probably the best series as it had alot of players who knew how to play. FvF isnt too far behind as it was loaded with blindsides and stupidity from some of the fan survivors.

Of the recent series, I really enjoyed China. Of the older series its Pearl Islands for me.

Looking forward to seeing how the current series plays out now...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

TG4 are fair on the ball with Survivor at the moment. 3 seasons back to back! Although, going straight from HvV into Nicaragua might be a bit of a shock! ;)

I remember a few years back when they were only 3 weeks behind.

Location of S23/24 has been revealed online. Don't read if you don't want to know.
    Negotiations to host the show in Tonga fell through, so they are going back to Samoa apparently. Bit bizarre considering S19/20 were filmed there. 4 seasons out of 6 using the same location? Wonder what they'll call the 2 new seasons? It's a good location I think. Unpredictable weather and water challenges. But I would have preferred somewhere new...

Surely they could have gone to a new undiscovered location?!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Iirc, it's to do with insurance. They already have all the equipment set up there, as well as the blessing from the powers that be. I imagine having to negociate contracts for a new location every 6 months was a pain in the ane.

That said, come on Survivor. They should talk to France. France has loads of little islands scattered about the place. Or what about South America? Peru, Argentina, Ecuador... all interesting locations. *sigh*

Aard wrote: »
    Iirc, it's to do with insurance. They already have all the equipment set up there, as well as the blessing from the powers that be. I imagine having to negociate contracts for a new location every 6 months was a pain in the ane.

That said, come on Survivor. They should talk to France. France has loads of little islands scattered about the place. Or what about South America? Peru, Argentina, Ecuador... all interesting locations. *sigh*

Suprised they didn't go for The Philipines seeing as all the international versions have filmed there. The issue with Tonga was that they couldn't book enough hotels for the crew for a 4 month shoot. The government was all in favour of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

seligehgit wrote: »
    Surely they could have gone to a new undiscovered location?!:(

Atlantis? :D

Watching it atm. The Jesus stuff really needs to be given a rest.

Amazed only one competitor left Redemption island this week,I really think Mike was a big ass to give up the time with his loved one(Mum).In all seriousness the Ometepe gang are'nt going to give him the million bucks for that calculated act of goodwill even if he makes it back into the game.He's got into the whole God thing too.Savage immunity challenge,I was really shouting for Andrea,great competitor.It would have set the cat amongst the pigeons if she'd won.I'm starting to believe that this craziness by Philip might be deliberate!Guaranteed to be brought to the end,heck anybody will be beat the crazy man?Or will they?Looks like Boston Rob is in the top 4 anyhow with the hidden immunity idol,here's hoping somebody beats him.I can't tolerate the assumed crowning of Sole Survivor Boston Rob,it's just been way too easy for him.

Andrea is gone, no surprise there as she posed a threat later in the game so it was best to vote her off when everyone agreed. We saw how desperate Rob is to win with him enduring heat exhaustion at the end but it was worth it to maintain control...

Next vote off will be interesting. I think while Phillip is acting crazy (he said so himself) and Rob may be onto him his best move would be to split the girls and vote off Ashley. I think Grant said something about it in the promo. Players in pairs can be dangerous (Rob will know that from his own experience in AS) and Rob has showed he is willing to facilitate breakups in this game (Matt and Andrea). The guys might have to leave Natalie out of it too push it through though...

Location of S23/24 has been revealed online. Don't read if you don't want to know.
    Negotiations to host the show in Tonga fell through, so they are going back to Samoa apparently. Bit bizarre considering S19/20 were filmed there. 4 seasons out of 6 using the same location? Wonder what they'll call the 2 new seasons? It's a good location I think. Unpredictable weather and water challenges. But I would have preferred somewhere new...

Wow, I surprised with this. Survivor has been played on smaller more obscure islands and they didn't seem to have accommodation issues on them. That said they shoot series back-to-back now so accommodation is needed for longer.

My tip for series will be a second chance series. The current Amazing Race series is running one of them. Not sure what will constitute a second chance in Survivor, but survivors removed for medical reasons and survivors who have ended up on the wrong side of the numbers in tribe swap would come to mind. I guess we'll have to wait for the official announcement at the finale...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I am struggling to see how Rob is going to get the votes. I think he's the only one actually playing the game, although Phillip has shown signs that he's aware of what he needs to do to win, and at this point I don't think anyone other that Rob deserves to win.

But of course in Survivor that means nothing and it's ultimately down to popularity in the end. If the Zaps can get someone into the final 3 and the timing of the return from Redemption Island is crutial then they have to be favourite to win.

After the exit of Andrea Rob is going to find it harder to get people to trust him - they'll all be paranoid and think they are next. it might give one or two of them the incentive to breakaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Coeus wrote: »
    Andrea is gone, no surprise there as she posed a threat later in the game so it was best to vote her off when everyone agreed. We saw how desperate Rob is to win with him enduring heat exhaustion at the end but it was worth it to maintain control...

Next vote off will be interesting. I think while Phillip is acting crazy (he said so himself) and Rob may be onto him his best move would be to split the girls and vote off Ashley. I think Grant said something about it in the promo. Players in pairs can be dangerous (Rob will know that from his own experience in AS) and Rob has showed he is willing to facilitate breakups in this game (Matt and Andrea). The guys might have to leave Natalie out of it too push it through though...

Surely Grant will take Natalie and Ashley aside now and explain how they need to get rid of Rob.

Although Natalie and Ashley are two of the most useless players ever and he probably knows they will run off and tell Rob what he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

The edit has been such that Grant can't win, he just hasn't been featured enough. Same goes for the two remaining girls.

No shot that Phil can beat Rob no matter what story he spins to explain his craziness, he went way too far past the line.

It's either Rob or a Redemption Islander, as each of the RI guys have had enough camera time for it to be feasible for them to be the winner.

It'll be pretty sick if Rob loses to someone who's been voted out tbh.

keane2097 wrote: »
    The edit has been such that Grant can't win, he just hasn't been featured enough. Same goes for the two remaining girls.

No shot that Phil can beat Rob no matter what story he spins to explain his craziness, he went way too far passed the line.

It's either Rob or a Redemption Islander, as each of the RI guys have had enough camera time for it to be feasible for them to be the winner.

It'll be pretty sick if Rob loses to someone who's been voted out tbh.

Interesting I thought Grant was in a good position as Rob's number two, if he doesn't try and get rid of Rob this week he's a fool.

How do you see Rob's and Grant partnership ending?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Interesting I thought Grant was in a good position as Rob's number two, if he doesn't try and get rid of Rob this week he's a fool.

How do you see Rob's and Grant partnership ending?

Grant could end up in the final, but he just hasn't been pushed enough the edit for him to be a winner, they haven't tried to manufacture any emotional connection between him and the viewer, we've rarely seen diary shots of him etc.

He reminds me ridic much of the guy in the final three with Russell in his first series - hung around the whole season without you ever really getting to know him, got zero votes at the end.

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    Grant could end up in the final, but he just hasn't been pushed enough the edit for him to be a winner, they haven't tried to manufacture any emotional connection between him and the viewer, we've rarely seen diary shots of him etc.

He reminds me ridic much of the guy in the final three with Russell in his first series - hung around the whole season without you ever really getting to know him, got zero votes at the end.

There partnership is interesting because you'd think neither would want to take the other to the final three.

Obviously Rob has run the show so Grant shouldn't want him and Natalie and Phillip would be best for Rob.

I can't understand why Grant wouldn't try and take Rob out now with Ashley and Natalie.

Maybe he knows Natalie is too in awe of Rob.

Advertisement