Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor 22 Redemption Island [** Spoilers **]

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Coeus wrote: »
    The 2 (if the spoilers are correct) ain't the most strategic players that have ever played so I doubt they'll be able to pull a Boston Rob. That said one was really good at challenges in past Survivor series...

Yes wikipedia has their names under Survivor : South Pacific. These players were first named by the spoiler who first spoilt the return to Samoa so it may be spot on...

No water challenges in Samoa could be his downfall though. He is a charming enough guy though - could see him make the merge. As for the other person he could do anything :P.

Anyway, I hate that RI is returning, but maybe they'll end it at the merge this time? That'd be significantly better than last season. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Also, if anybody nerdy enough here posts on Survivor Sucks, Jeff Probst has responded there for the first time on the whole Redemption Island thing. http://survivorsucks.com/reply/7281701/An-Open-Letter-to-Jeff-Probst-SEG-CBS-Jeff-Responds-p-3-#reply-7281701

I think they'd be stupid beyond belief not to at least tweak the concept a bit. I'm thinking that it'll stay a 1v1 duel (hint is in the name lads!) at all times, as well as an earlier contestant return. I'd hope the merge, but probably final 6 or something. Also, the returned survivor might have immunity on the first tribal after return. Beyond that though, I don't see many changes. I really hope they have a good cast, and not a load of under the radar sheep / dumb hot girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

No water challenges in Samoa could be his downfall though. He is a charming enough guy though - could see him make the merge. As for the other person he could do anything :P.

Anyway, I hate that RI is returning, but maybe they'll end it at the merge this time? That'd be significantly better than last season. :)
    True he is a beast at water challenges but he did win endurance and puzzle type ICs on his immunity run on the Cook Islands. I see him making the merge aswell.

Yes, totally agree on RI ending at the merge. If the returnees make the merge maybe they will...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Just seen the 2 speculated returness on the Wiki page,I'd be a big fan of their return.Certainly one of the them is one of the greatest players to have not won Survivor.Seriously nice guy too,the other dude would make for some entertaining tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Aard wrote: »
    Also, if anybody nerdy enough here posts on Survivor Sucks, Jeff Probst has responded there for the first time on the whole Redemption Island thing. http://survivorsucks.com/reply/7281701/An-Open-Letter-to-Jeff-Probst-SEG-CBS-Jeff-Responds-p-3-#reply-7281701

X

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Great link Aard thanks.

Yes great link Aard,agreed to a great degree with the dude who wrote the letter.Fair play to Probst for replying although he was'nt entirely convincing in delivering his riposte.

A bit OT, but I don't see any recent Amazing Race thread and it's still generally Survivor related.

For the 19th Season of The Amazing Race, two former Survivor winners will be competing as one of the teams. I'm usually iffy about these kinds of crossovers, but they are two old school players, and one in particular is an old favourite of mine so I hope to see them do well.

Not really a massive spoiler since the first few minutes of the first episode will reveal it anyway, but I guess just to be safe -
    it's Ethan and Jenna, winners of Seasons 3 and 6 of Survivor

abelard wrote: »
    A bit OT, but I don't see any recent Amazing Race thread and it's still generally Survivor related.

For the 19th Season of The Amazing Race, two former Survivor winners will be competing as one of the teams. I'm usually iffy about these kinds of crossovers, but they are two old school players, and one in particular is an old favourite of mine so I hope to see them do well.

Not really a massive spoiler since the first few minutes of the first episode will reveal it anyway, but I guess just to be safe -
    it's Ethan and Jenna, winners of Seasons 3 and 6 of Survivor
    I have watched the Amazing Race for the last few seasons. Boston Rob and Amber have already been on the Amazing Race twice but before I started watching it though. They are mentioned in the wikipedia page for the race and have been spotted since filming has begun.

Glad to see one of the players in this as they had been really ill since completing on Survivor. I will be watching for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I've been on a major survivor binge over the last few weeks, not following any particular order though!

It's only now I see the big gap left with the exclusion of the water challenges! I really enjoyed the build the best shelter challenge in some earlier seasons whereby the winners get a professionally built one.

Some characters as well that I'm surprised didn't appear in some of the All Star seasons like Shane from the first exile island season, guy was crazy!

On the topic of the amazing race, I only finished up the first season with Rob & Amber last week, have to say Rob was great in it, really cut throat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

Tried watching The Amazing Race seasons with Rob & Amber, but I just can't get into it. All seems a bit silly to me. Glad to see that
    Ethan
    is healthy enough to be on the new season though.

When TAR season 19 starting?

seligehgit wrote: »
    When TAR season 19 starting?
    September 25th according to CBS fall schedule so it stays on Sunday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I've heard of the Amazing Race but never watched it. Is it related to Survivor?

Is it related to Survivor?
    Only that it is on the same network as Survivor and has the same prize money of 1 million dollars for the winners.

In a nutshell, teams race around the world. The race is broken down into legs with challenges, the team that arrives last for each leg is usually eliminated. The last 3 teams remaining get to race for the million in the final leg.

I've heard of the Amazing Race but never watched it. Is it related to Survivor?

To expand a little on what the last poster said, they're produced by the same company and share a lot of the executive staff.

There have been a number of instances, for example, where people applied for one of Survivor or TAR but the casting department decided they'd be better suited to the other.There's a thread somewhere on Survivor Sucks that goes through every season and lists who of the cast applied to be on the show and who were recruited by production, and it mentions the applicants who were originally going for TAR but were cast on Survivor instead.

TAR 19 is being filmed as we speak. Who knows, maybe one of us will accidentally see the race being filmed if it comes to Ireland :P

There's a rumour going around about a person who's been cast for Season 23. And yet again, as with other recent Survivor production decisions, I despair.

Apparently
    it's Russell Hantz's nephew Brandon. I remember seeing a youtube video of him ages back with him sh*ttalking about how he was just like Russell but worse, and if he ever got on the show he'd make everyone's life a misery, manipulate everyone, easily win the million blah blah blah.

I'm praying it's not true.

abelard wrote: »
    There's a rumour going around about a person who's been cast for Season 23. And yet again, as with other recent Survivor production decisions, I despair.

Apparently
    it's Russell Hantz's nephew Brandon. I remember seeing a youtube video of him ages back with him sh*ttalking about how he was just like Russell but worse, and if he ever got on the show he'd make everyone's life a misery, manipulate everyone, easily win the million blah blah blah.

I'm praying it's not true.

I almost cried when I read that on sucks >_<.

At least we now know the finalist who'll get 0 votes.

Somebody please PM me the identity of the contestant mentioned in the spoiler,zero votes at final tribal!!!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

You just have to click and drag like you were copying text to reveal the spoiler seligehgit.

It might be interesting to stick him in their unannounced and equal to everyone else to see how he does, if they make a big deal out of it then thats just stupid.

Thargor wrote: »
    You just have to click and drag like you were copying text to reveal the spoiler seligehgit.

It might be interesting to stick him in their unannounced and equal to everyone else to see how he does, if they make a big deal out of it then thats just stupid.

Thanks Thargor,job OXO,never heard of the dude.It will be interesting knowing who he's related to.:D

TAR 19 is being filmed as we speak. Who knows, maybe one of us will accidentally see the race being filmed if it comes to Ireland :P
    There is a thread on survivorsucks with the contestants (well what they look like if they are not famous), sightings, etc. for the upcoming season. I have avoided looking at the thread so far as it will also contain speculated eliminations and what locations they happened...

seligehgit wrote: »
    Somebody please PM me the identity of the contestant mentioned in the spoiler,zero votes at final tribal!!!!:eek:

That 0 votes thing isnt necessarily true, its just that
    if he behaves in any way like his uncle he could well be on course for that if he makes it to the end.

180 Trailer

Premiere Date: Friday June 17, 2011

Starring: Original Music:
    Coach Wade A Dark Safe Place
    Danielle DiLorenzo The Janitors
    Steve Ewing The Zebras

Tickets Available @ Gillioz Theatre/Ticketforce

Information Via Gillioz Theatre Website:

Doors Open for Gold Pass Members: 5:00 PM
    Doors Open for General Admission: 5:30 PM

180, filmed in Springfield last year, and debuting Bolivar's Benjamin "Coach" Wade in the lead role, premieres at the Gillioz Theatre.

In 180 Wade plays Gavin Larson, the egotistical and flamboyant lead singer of the rock group The Zebras. After Gavin's bandmates perish in a plane crash Gavin begins a self-destructive spiral fueled by guilt and self-medication. Gavin soon learns that his only hope for redemption rests in the bridges he burned long ago.

The band behind 180’s original musical scores, will give acoustic performances at the film’s public debut.
    I believe Coach and Danielle get all loved up!:D

Rob Cesternino did a special podcast with a person who was at the 180 premiere if you want to hear more about it :P

Advertisement