Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-submitting invalid application

• 08-01-2011 3:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭

Hi, could someone clarify what is the correct terminology to be used in a press notice when re-submitting an application which has been invalidated thereby keeping the reference number associated with the application.

The doc’s and drawings which were sent back have been date stamped by the council so not wanting to print a complete new set again and open up a new reference number, I just want to amend the typo I did in the application form, include the new press & site notices and re-submit the lot.

Will the same standard press notice wording suffice and just highlight the existing ref no. and amendments made in the cover letter or should the existing ref no. be noted in the press notice even though the existing application is technically still pending validation?

I assume it is the first approach but would just like a second opinion.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭rayjdav

What was the reason for the invalidation? If it was something to do with the actual drawings, you will have to modify and reprint.

If it was some other reason, that only the council in their wisdom stipulated, just cross out the existing original ref number and resubmit.

Once it has been invalidated, that unique reference number is invalid as such. It will note on the register that an application was submitted but not up to scratch. When you resubmit, you will get another unique reference number to do with the valid, hopefully, application.

You will have to issue another public notice in the paper, if and only if the 14 days of publication have not run out, and assuming this was not part of the invalidation. New site notices once again will have to be erected too.

But basically, just cross out clearly the existing PD Ref No. on all unaffected documents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭atech

Thanks for reply rayjdav.

I made a typo in the application forms, put the site notice date as x/11/2010 not x/12/2010. The actual site notice erected and copies were correctly dated x/12/2010.

Also forgot to show the chimney outline in the side elevations.:o

The council date stamps are on all 6 copies but the reference number was only written on the cover letter.

The council letter states 'your application is deemed invalid' but further down it says 'the following additional documents must be submitted:
    1. 2no. FRESH press notice.....
    2. 2no. fresh site notice.....
    3. 6no. copies of amended application forms with- the correct date for site notice
    4. 6no. copies of revised house drawings to show- the chimney on both side elevations

Please quote receipt no. xxxxxxxx when resubmitting your application'

Plan is to put in copies of press notice (same wording as before) & new site notice, remove the typo page and side elevation and replace with revised and send in again.

Basically so you think I shouldn't mention the existing reference number in the press notice or new cover letter at all?

The fact the council letter said 'additional documents must be submitted' and the status in the website says 'Pending' suggests to me that the existing application is not officially invalid as yet.

If all as submitted info was returned, with a cover letter stating that the application is invalid, then it is invalid. If you somehow got them to keep the file active then great, but doubt it.

The website is not up to date. Despite the fact that there are feck all applications going into them, they still cannot keep their webpages up to speed, so dont read into the webpage.

Did you get your fee back? If not this is probably what they are referring to with regards the receipt No. you mention. They usually hold onto that until told specifically to return it.

To save confusion, do as they say and all should be grand.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

rayjdav wrote: »
    If all as submitted info was returned, with a cover letter stating that the application is invalid, then it is invalid. If you somehow got them to keep the file active then great, but doubt it.
    +1
    That would be my experience as well.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,787 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

its also my experience that an invalid application will have a different file number than a subsequent valid application.....

i do not know how they can have the same application reference number.... ????

• Advertisement

Thanks lads.

Will teach me to triple check them before I submit the next time.

Dont fret, it happens everyone of us at some stage:o
    Live and learn:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,270 ✭✭✭✭muffler

rayjdav wrote: »
    Dont fret, it happens everyone of us at some stage:o
    Speak for yourself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭YouWantWhat

atech wrote: »
    Hi, could someone clarify what is the correct terminology to be used in a press notice when re-submitting an application which has been invalidated thereby keeping the reference number associated with the application.

The doc’s and drawings which were sent back have been date stamped by the council so not wanting to print a complete new set again and open up a new reference number, I just want to amend the typo I did in the application form, include the new press & site notices and re-submit the lot.

Will the same standard press notice wording suffice and just highlight the existing ref no. and amendments made in the cover letter or should the existing ref no. be noted in the press notice even though the existing application is technically still pending validation?

I assume it is the first approach but would just like a second opinion.

Yea, that happened to me once, years ago!!!!

You won't get the same reference number, but this does not matter. Just put an 'X' through any stamps or dates the council put on your application documents, replace any of the drawings or other info you have changed and send everything back in. Remember, you only need new press and site notices, if the original one are out of date (unless there is a mistake in either of these).

Good Luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,270 ✭✭✭✭muffler

atech, I forgot to answer your original query but others have done so.

On the issue of the PA stamping documents there was a change to this in the last year or two. I cant recall if it was actual legislation or just advisory notes to PAs but iirc the procedure was/is that only one set of docs to be stamped until such time as the site notice was deemed valid and after that all copies would be stamped.

I assume the thinking behind this was to avoid having all docs being stamped when returning an invalid application even after 5 weeks. This would leave it a bit easier for ourselves when resubmitting.

Anyone hear about this?

• Advertisement

In my case 3 copies have been fully stamped but only the first page has been stamped in the other 3 copies.

Will just put an 'X' through all the date stamps so; as YouWantWhat has suggested; as it would be a bit of a pain alright to replace certain original documents like OS Maps and Letters of Consent.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

In my expeience councils go through phases of invalidating applications, some are worse than others and some are really good and for a little thing would ring you up and get you to drop the right bit in and then others will sit of it for 2 months and then send you back half of it over something very small or indeed one council that I send most of my stuff into lost four copies of my doccuments on and tryed to invlaidate on the basis I only gave them 2!! So I kicked up holy blue F and got the invalidation recinded!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The reference number is only granted once you lodge, so there is no need to mention it on an new application (there are exceptions, when making changes ansd FI etc, but it those cases its not a new application)

Advertisement