Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying games online

Options
  • 08-01-2011 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭

wheres the best place to purchase games online as in cheapest fast delivery etc? ive been looking for a copy of NBA 2K11 but none of my local gamestops have it in stock. what is up with this - is it on a limited production run or something?! anyway help would be greatly appreciated thanks lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭sonic85

thanks a lot - you couldve left out the sarcasm though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

sonic85 wrote: »
    thanks a lot - you couldve left out the sarcasm though

Gamesnash.ie and cdwow.ie too

Yeah well, google is there, it generally would help if you tried searching yourself before taking the time to post on the forums.

As there is a sticky topic up the top of the GAMES section saying
    "Advice - Shopping online to PC Gaming" where it says cdwow and play.com

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Wouldn't go near play.com or cdwow. Play are ripoffs and cdwow will make you go wow at the delivery times.

gamesnash are very fast but cost a bit more.

amazon.co.uk are cheap and fast and free delivery on orders over £25.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Depends on what format you are looking for ?

I get my PS3 games on :
    www.videogamesplus.ca

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Second amazon.co.uk if it's over 25 sterling because of the free delivery which is reasonably fast.

Play.com's exchange rates between sterling and the euro you are required to pay in are disgusting and borderline offensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The only place I've bought games in the last few months is Zavvi. They do some great deals (especially in their weekly mega monday deals)

They have it for about €24 delivered on xbox and PS3 (more on Wii, less on PC)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

find-games.co.uk is an excellent resource for finding the best price (among UK sellers). Some retailers don't deliver to Eire and a couple of places charge more than £2 for delivery to Eire but you can check that on the respective site's help page.

Understandably, I've seen new offers crop up and noticed that find-games.co.uk had not, yet, updated to reflect the recent change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

zavvi, the hut, amazon, play.com are the few I look through. Just keep an eye on the Bargain Alerts forum and the gaming bargain thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i use http://www.find-games.co.uk/ like Fnz and also http://www.gamestracker.com/
    as between them you will find the cheapest games out there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I think amazon are the best for delievey but for price it would have to be zavvi.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

eddhorse wrote: »
    Depends on what format you are looking for ?

I get my PS3 games on :
    www.videogamesplus.ca
    I've used those guys a good few times, no complaints :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Zavvi are the nuts.

€22 for Demon's Souls when most places don't even have it in stock. Bloody great.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

+1 on zavvi again, check it about 5pm toady when their Mega Monday weekly sale starts, hey often have one main game that realyl cheap, i got the collectors edition of Bioshock 2 with the art book and LP on there for 20 quid a few weeks, think it was 22 delivered. Vanquish was 17 euro a while back as well and most games that have been out for a couple of months are 20-25 quid.

Advertisement