Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feel Terrible about this`

Options
  • 08-01-2011 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Lads I have come to the conclusion that I have to get rid of my male molly. He's been nothing but trouble. In thre last few weeks 2 of the females have died as well as the two dwarf gouramis, purely because he was such an aggressive wan*er at feeding, plus the constant nipping just got to them. I just bought two lovely dwarf gouramis and as soon as I put them in he was all over them, constantly nipping them etc. I had enough so took him out and he is currently in a bucket. I rang the local petshop but they wouldnt take him so my only conclusion is to get rid of him myself or put him in a small gold fish bowl, any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

ya they are a bit like that :(
    Where are you based? My local fish shop has even bought fish back off me in the past.
    Is there another pet shop around you that might take him?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭breadandjam

Funny this came up on another fish forum the other day. I was put off Mollies for life by the owner of Jebi's aquatics, it used to be in Portobello and if the owner didn't like the look of you he wouldn't let you into the shop icon_biggrin.png I got on well with him and even sold some home bred Gouramis, Bettas and Swordtails to him.

However One time my brother in law asked me to get him some Mollies while I was there and when I asked for them the owner turned on me "Mollies- I wouldn't have them in the shop, most unpleasant fish. Are they for you? I thought you had more sense"

It was only when I assured him they weren't for me that he let me remain as a customer icon_lol.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭mrpink6789

Got it sorted lads, another pet shop took him back. Funny as soon as they put him in the tank he started beating the crap out of the other mollies, think he wants to be alpha!

Advertisement