Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Four Star Pizza

• 08-01-2011 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Well lads,

Was going up John Street earlier and noticed four star is gone and theres a new chipper!

Are they gone altogether or have they moved premises???

Have a craving for one now !!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Deisedarren

they have only closed down in waterford,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Good. They were bloody brutal anyways. Much better pizzas out there than their muck. Like Soprano's, great value and gorgeous fresh pizza. (Not a plug, just got em a few times and they were excellent.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Most of their shops are owned and run by franchisees. I expect the one that closed was not. They went into examinership in November

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

deisedevil wrote: »
    Good. They were bloody brutal anyways. Much better pizzas out there than their muck. Like Soprano's, great value and gorgeous fresh pizza. (Not a plug, just got em a few times and they were excellent.)

Agreed i never liked there pizzas,Mizzoni's on Patrick Street have very nice ones too.

Whats the chipper gone in there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Brennans is the chipper that's gone in there iirc. I presume it's the same Brennans that used to have shops in Lisduggan and Yellow Road as their logo is the same.

BTW Soprano's pizza is also gone, they were bought out by Pizza Hut Express

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭julias_jewel

I use to get one the odd time, thats a shame :(

I settled for a Ginos cant go wrong there!!! :D

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Brennans is the chipper that's gone in there iirc. I presume it's the same Brennans that used to have shops in Lisduggan and Yellow Road as their logo is the same.

You can still order off them on just eat,i must say pizza hut have nice pizzas too and they have good deals for very cheap prices,cant go wrong imho :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I genuinely like domineos. Love it even.

I'm also partial to Apache Pizza when i'm pissed, only really because it's the only place in town at half 2 after the pub and have a chat (not counting abbra onviously)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

johnnykilo wrote: »

You're thinking of godfathers pizza

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

Its no wonder they closed. Were only doing about €3/400 a night and when the town was busy would still close early about 12ish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Four Star Pizzas were rotten anyway. Plenty of horror stories about pizzas some of the lads have gotten from there.

I think you're mixing up Godfather's and Sopranos. Godfather's is now Pizza Hut out by Ardkeen, and Sopranos is the place in Johnstown across from Storm Cinemas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Four Star Pizzas were rotten anyway. Plenty of horror stories about pizzas some of the lads have gotten from there.

Go on, we love horror stories! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Dan133269 wrote: »
    Go on, we love horror stories! :)
    Well....one of the lads in work ordered from there. 45 mins passed and he rang to complain about it taking so long. Pizza arrives after an hour, covered in
    puuubes
    ....goes straight in to Four Star, shows them the pizza and asks what the fewk theyre playing at. Lada behind the counter just laughed and gave him another one, and advised him to "Not be such a dry arse"....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Well....one of the lads in work ordered from there. 45 mins passed and he rang to complain about it taking so long. Pizza arrives after an hour, covered in
    puuubes
    ....goes straight in to Four Star, shows them the pizza and asks what the fewk theyre playing at. Lada behind the counter just laughed and gave him another one, and advised him to "Not be such a dry arse"....
    ah thats just disgusting, no wonder there closed so!!!! ya should have went further about that!!!!

puuubes

Pics? :D

Advertisement