Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stevenage V Newcastle United: FA Cup Round 3: Match Thread - 5:30pm

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Here is a video of the Stevenage player being decked by a fan. WTF :eek:

Hope that thug had nothing to do with Newcastle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

bazual wrote: »
    dunno what your on m8,

You basically said you're happy we lost.

And you call yourself a fan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

M5 wrote: »
    Hope that thug had nothing to do with Newcastle

Didnt realise Andy Caroll was there lol, seriously, hope it wasnt a toon fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Happy that we are out of the cup but not the manner in which we went out. Pardew is a muppet, i think he gave them too much respect. putting 5 in midfield at start of second half and bringing on someone like Tiote with Sunderland next week. He is an idiot, should have played the youngsters and would have been same result. Bring back Hughton.

Howay man.

We got beaten because we were complacent. Everything about that performance screamed, "ah sure, it's only Stevenage" and that mindset regardless of whatever players you have at your disposal will cost you games and it cost us tonight.

Pardew picked what he said was his "strongest team". The players didn't seem up for it.

I don't blame Pardew for it. He tried to change things around at half time. Didn't work.

As per the youngsters, I agree in part but when you're Alan Pardew and have been in an FA Cup final before and have a decent managerial record in the competition, then you can't blame him for wanting to win the game with many players who feature in our starting 11.

I'm pissed off with the performance and the players deserve an absolute bollocking for that "performance".

And we're not getting Hughton back. Face facts. He's gone, we have to move on now.

Hats off to Stevenage. Deserved everything.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    You basically said you're happy we lost.

And you call yourself a fan?

We cant win them all and if this loss means we stay in the league then as a fan I am happy about it. Its the same way I agree with what Holloway did and put out a second string team for the cup, at the end of the day the league is the bread and butter I dont think we have the strength and depth to perform well in both.

• Advertisement

Pardew will appeal red card against Tiote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

That_Guy wrote: »
    Pardew will appeal red card against Tiote.

Frivolous appeal.

4 game ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

We cant win them all and if this loss means we stay in the league then as a fan I am happy about it. Its the same way I agree with what Holloway did and put out a second string team for the cup, at the end of the day the league is the bread and butter I dont think we have the strength and depth to perform well in both.

You should never be happy to see your team lose, it's irrelevant what competition it's in. I do see your point though, admittedly.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    You should never be happy to see your team lose, it's irrelevant what competition it's in. I do see your point though, admittedly.

you are spo on there, i shouldnt be happy, and in reality sitting here cursing the team so not happy. then looking at fixtures and next round of fa cup we will have 10 days rest before we play fulham but they only have 3 or 4 so hopefully they will get a tough draw in round 4 and this will all be worthwhile and we go out and hammer them on the wednesday night. Cheers m8.

If Tiote gets the appeal in his favour I wonder if the FA will ban Joey instead. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Looking at the punch there the supporter runs off with a red and White scarf.

Looking at the punch there the supporter runs off with a red and White scarf.

Various rumours via Twitter that it was because the player wouldn't give the fan his jersey or something...

Not sure how credible that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

most likely its a stevenage fan due to the scarf and that. Couldnt see a newcastle fan going to the effort of robbing a scarf to punch a player.

Advertisement