Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blanchardstown Library wifi?

Options
  • 08-01-2011 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭

Hi, I will be going to Blanch lib on Monday morning to pick up some books, and it would be practical to stay for the day to study, but I need internet access.
    Does anyone know if they have wifi access? (I'd like to think the largest public library in Ireland does!) I couldn't see mention of it on their website online free internet access which I assume means the computers you have to book.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kkumk

No they don't have Wifi :( Unless they got it in the last few weeks anyway... But as long as you have a library card the computers are grand! There's never any waiting or anything, you just go up and tell them you want to use one and they give you a pin!
    Pity they don't have WiFi though... I'd study there a lot more if they did!

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

I'm easily distracted, so I study there because it has no WiFi.

• Company Representative Posts: 328 Verified rep BlanchLibrary

Blanchardstown Library now has free WIFI!

Library Card number + Pin Number needed for access.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

When did the WiFi go in. I was there about 2 weeks ago and scanned for Wifi and found none.

• Company Representative Posts: 328 Verified rep BlanchLibrary

When did the WiFi go in. I was there about 2 weeks ago and scanned for Wifi and found none.

Hi Shane,

Blanchardstown Library got WiFi about two weeks ago.

Were there were very large signs advertising the WiFI when you visited last? The signs went on display when the WiFi went in to operation.

Let us know how you find using the WiFi on your next visit to the Library!

Regards,
    Blanchardstown Library Staff

• Advertisement

Will do. That would be a great improvement.

I would generally prefer to use my own laptop for security purposes when there so would be great to have the solid wifi.

Thanks

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

well Ive used the wifi there and its fine. Must try it on my phone next time I just used it with my laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Used the wifi this afternoon - great stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

I've heard that the library wifi allows you to download audio books directly to an iPhone - anybody tried this yet?

My information is that e-books are not available yes due to a licence issue with the publishers.

Not sure of the details but something like the publishers want the library to agree to annual agreements. (IE Having to pay every year for e-book).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

I tried the website today and managed to download two audio books.

Advertisement