Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas holidays too long?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Sefirah wrote: »
    Really, really, REALLY bored...!

You don't like Robert Fisk? The man's a legend; Northern Ireland, Lebanon, Yugoslavia, Iraq etc... Well, I suppose Noam Chomsky then, absolutely brilliant author as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

It's nearly 3 1/2 weeks altogether.
    You fúcking lucky bastard. You'll miss those 3.5 weeks off when you get a job. Unless you're an arts student :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

the_syco wrote: »
    You fúcking lucky bastard. You'll miss those 3.5 weeks off when you get a job. Unless you're an arts student :pac:

Meh, if I had a job I'd have money so wouldn't be the worst I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

El Siglo wrote: »
    You don't like Robert Fisk? The man's a legend; Northern Ireland, Lebanon, Yugoslavia, Iraq etc... Well, I suppose Noam Chomsky then, absolutely brilliant author as well.

If you happen to like biased left-wing ideology :pac:

Sorry :o

P.S. Laughed when Fisk was beaten up by Taliban :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

I know most people will think I'm crazy for saying this but I really think the amount of time we get off college at Christmas is crazy :pac:. It's nearly 3 1/2 weeks altogether. January is a fairly boring time to have off anyway unless you have a trip booked or something. I would prefer to come back on the 3rd and start off rather than waiting until the 17th to be honest.

French students were back on the 3rd.

Maybe a week less holls... but that is the case, I s'pose this year for people who have rolled over exams. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

Im afraid I wont be able to get back into the swing of things for ages coz I havnt gotten out of bed before 12 for a long time...
    In one way, im excited to get back because I'm going to make an effort to make friends this semester and plus Ill finally be 18.
    But on the other hand Im just so used to being a lazy sod, not worrying about money and the likes, that I dont want to go back. I dont want this semester to be like the last one (All day in the library on the internet coz Ive feck all friends in college).

I think it just feels so long because of the snow, it fecked up the last few weeks for me so I feel like ive been on holiday for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Sefirah

XD Beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Sefirah wrote:
    XD Beautiful

Yeh, Robert Fisk only talks a load of shite so he does. Books like; "The Age of the Warrior" or "The Great War for Civilisation" are only the ramblings of a leftist loon with a PhD in Politic Science from TCD and with 40 years of experience as a journalist. Sure, what would he know about the middle east after living in Beiruit since 1976.;)

OP, having the time off is great. If you're working it means you can get in a solid month of full time shifts, so that's a nice chunk of change. If you're on the grant, it means you're not on fumes for a very long time while the grant cheque is being sent. It's there for a reason, my suggestion of reading a long book by Fisk or Chomsky is only a suggestion, as the books from these authors are quite good. I could have also suggested something like "Guns, Germs and Steel" by Jared Diamond or "Crime and Punishment" etc... Enjoy the time off, it gets worse as you get older.

Advertisement